Women's Six Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women's Six Nations

Just saw the IRFU announce on Twitter that there'll be a stream of the women's game versus England this Saturday. Anyone know anything more about it?
    I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

England are the form team and should win. Ireland should beat the other with the French game being tight but the fact that it's over here might swing it.

Comment

Irish Rugby TV will be in Ashbourne on Saturday afternoon to live stream the Women's RBS 6 Nations game between Ireland and England.

Their commentary team of Adrian O'Farrell and former international Fiona Steed will anchor the stream as Ireland face the reigning champions at 2 pm in Ashbourne - tune in on IrishRugby.ie shortly before kick off for all the action.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The women's team beat Wales last weekend in what seems to have been a very tight game, 2 sin binnings for the irish girls during the game. The big upset was that Italy women beat France on the saturday..
        england beat scotland 72-6 or something .. and the england squad is supposedly "weakened" by some of their most experienced players being away with their 7's squad. So all the rugby punditry that keep an eye on the women's game are saying that this is probably Irelands best ever chance to finally beat England. Ireland have been getting closer to them every year but England & NZ are in another orbit for womens rugby compared to the rest of the countries.. at least normally anyway.
        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Think England actually nilled Scotland, twas 72-0 or 76-0 or something like that.

I nearly made a "men against boys" comment there .... :_noway__by_bad_bloo :o
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

My plan for the weekend has changed a bit so I can now go to Ashbourne to cheer on the Ladies. If anyone wants a lift up from Ennis/Limerick drop me a pm today.
            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Is this game on the irish rugby website?

Comment

On now. Try Ireland, Alison Miller. Conversion missed from sideline. 5-0
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sod it anyway - not able to access the stream at all, either on the PC (where the linespeed is quick enough to display a series of freeze frames every 20 seconds or so) or on the smartphone, which says "unable to play video". Oh well, any updates here would be welcome.

EDIT - never mind, PC stream now working!
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Penalty by Niamh Briggs. 8-0. Niamh having a great game so far. Two good breaks up the right wing. Ireland's defence very good. England rattled. Keep it up girls!

Comment

Lovely lineout steal there, but another penalty given away (screen froze on me for the previous one but commentator seemed to think it was a 50/50 call).
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Fine kick!
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Turnover by us on our own 22. Sweet clearance kick by Briggs into their half.

Comment

Try #2, Alison Miller. :8J_revamp_by_bad_bl
                            Conversion missed, 13-0.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Great wrap around by Alison Miller and into the corner for her second try.

Just wide by Biggs. 13-0

Comment

Working...
                              X