Bod rwc15??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bod rwc15??

Any chance of bod making rwc15' 4lions tours and a5th rwc a record that would never be beaten, must be tempting?

Whilst todays performance was superb I just feel the toll is starting to take effect.

I'm not sure he would physically make it to 2015. His body has taken some abuse over the years.
    Life is good

Comment

Seeing Earls today and his performances in the centre in general along with no 12 under 30 starting for the major provinces and comparing with BOD and D'arcy's recent showings I find it very hard to see how we're going to transition from these two. They destroyed the grand slam centres who are both in their mid twenties today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
        Seeing Earls today and his performances in the centre in general along with no 12 under 30 starting for the major provinces and comparing with BOD and D'arcy's recent showings I find it very hard to see how we're going to transition from these two. They destroyed the grand slam centres who are both in their mid twenties today.
        Earls performance today was without the ball for practically the entire 37 minutes he was on. And I really didnt ee what Darcy did today. he was nursing himself from the 30minute. \He hardly touched the ball in the first half!
        I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

No chance.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
            Early is a class act. His biggest problem (and the biggest problem of all future 13's for Ireland) is that he's not BOD.

We'll never see another player like BOD, all prospects at 13 are compared to the great man and deemed inferior.
            "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Worry that Keith is falling between stools being a 'utility back'. Got picked for the Lions as a top class, try scoring winger
              Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
                Early is a class act. His biggest problem (and the biggest problem of all future 13's for Ireland) is that he's not BOD.

We'll never see another player like BOD, all prospects at 13 are compared to the great man and deemed inferior.
                Never mind BOD has Earls played as well as his peers in the other top tier nations or in the HEC?
                Personally I don't think he has and nor does most of the observers from other countries.
                On the other hand he is a proven top class international wing. Maybe that's his best position and he should accept that.

Cave, while not as naturally talented as earls is a good solid HEC 13 who deserves a shot in the full team to see if he could be a viable option at international level. He played very well against fiji and I think is worth a punt in the Scotland or Italy games
                The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

I thought Keith was poor yesterday - poor positioning a number of times
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I think the point by masterchief is spot on, people rave about BOD being the greatest Irish player ever and then slate Earls for not doing as well as him. Whatever about Earls' positioning people seem to to forget Cave got caught badly for a try when he had just come on in the summer. It's one of the worst positions to slot into in the middle of a game. **** happens.

As for the original question, if we're going to challenge people for saying BOD is on his last legs etc then I think this kind of thing needs to be challenged as well. His last 4 internationals have been 1 good, 1 decent to good and 2 very poor. He's been out injured for major chunks of this season. I think here and now is as long as should be the focus on BOD. I'd also say the more people keep wishing for him to play to 60 the more they're going to be disappointed in the potential replacements not performing in their odd match.
                    \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                      I thought Keith was poor yesterday - poor positioning a number of times
                      Earls sat on the bench looking at a game knowing that he would be coming on to any one of 5 different positions, how do you prepare yourself for that? He gets slated for apparently not playing well at 12, when was the last time he played at 12? Would Kearney be given the same criticism had he been shunted in there in a defend for your life game? He is definately suffering from being seen as the utility cover all positions player.
                      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                        Earls sat on the bench looking at a game knowing that he would be coming on to any one of 5 different positions, how do you prepare yourself for that? He gets slated for apparently not playing well at 12, when was the last time he played at 12? Would Kearney be given the same criticism had he been shunted in there in a defend for your life game? He is definately suffering from being seen as the utility cover all positions player.
                        I think he got caught for 12 because Deccie didn't want to slot Sexton into 12 as it would mean bringing ROG on at 10 and as you put it, in a defend for your life game, you don't want ROG on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
                          I think he got caught for 12 because Deccie didn't want to slot Sexton into 12 as it would mean bringing ROG on at 10 and as you put it, in a defend for your life game, you don't want ROG on the field.
                          Which begs the question why is he there? Why not play one of the three young OHs who are all solid defenders? That is an honest question BTW because I do wonder whether a bit of old fashioned ROG game management might not have been a good plan when we were 27 points up! I cannot work it out but will be praying hard that Sexton stays fit and it is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            Which begs the question why is he there? Why not play one of the three young OHs who are all solid defenders? That is an honest question BTW because I do wonder whether a bit of old fashioned ROG game management might not have been a good plan when we were 27 points up! I cannot work it out but will be praying hard that Sexton stays fit and it is not an issue.
                            Yeah I was thinking the same. Isn't Rob Kearney OK-ish at place kicking? And Zebo has a hell of a boot on him for kicking to touch. Jeez after the weekend we should know most of our players can cover pretty much any position. SOB played hooker and BOD played scrum-half while looking like an 8 or a prop

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
                              Yeah I was thinking the same. Isn't Rob Kearney OK-ish at place kicking? And Zebo has a hell of a boot on him for kicking to touch. Jeez after the weekend we should know most of our players can cover pretty much any position. SOB played hooker and BOD played scrum-half while looking like an 8 or a prop
                              We keep hearing Murray can place kick as well so maybe that could be an option. I do think it is all very far from simple however. Honest question, who is the best place kicker out of Madigan, Keatley and Jackson?

Comment

Working...
                              X