Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be on the bench as cover for Sexton in the six nations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a few permutations and combinations possible, stick with ROG because in tight games his place kicking could be essential? Go for Jackson, Madigan or even Keatley with Sexton possibly moving across to 12 to accomodate? Have McFadden on the bench in case the place kicking goes awry? Lots of things to discuss.

After the first bit of the season I would have said Jackson comfortably but I think he's been poor enough form recently. Madigan would be my preference at the moment.

Comment

It will be ROG.

Comment

Re: Who should be on the bench as cover for Sexton in the six nations?

Originally posted by taz View Post
        It will be ROG.
        True enough. The place kicking is really all he has over the other lads at this stage.
        "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

But place kicking is essential and Rog will rightly be on the bench...
          Terry who? Look man I aint playing the name game up in here Theres a reason why Mr. Felcher chose me in the first round....I\'m an impact player!!!

Comment

Too much is made of Sexton's place kicking frailties. He had a bad world cup along with a couple of other players but since then its been rock solid. I still think ROG will be on the bench but really he shouldn't be at this stage. I say this based on form. He didn't perform well (although he had limited opportunities) in the AI's, reviews of hi sppearances for Munster have been mixed to say the least and we have to bring through new talent. If it appropriate to replace BOD as captain at this point then it is appropriate to warm the bench with new talen now too.
            "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

With a view to the future probably Jackson . Madigan or keatley haven't started enough big games at 10 and you need someone with a bit of experience of big pressure games at club level before stepping into that role at country level. he will go with rog for that reason but Jackson next in line . Only doubt about Jackson for me is he has looked a bit shaky at times this year

Comment

If Kidney is big enough to make the right call on Bod's captaincy than he hopefully will go with someone else as cover on the bench. Rog has been playing crap this year and if he starts so far behind the gainline ala Mannix at Munster we are f**ked. So his kicking is fine but that not enough reason to select him.
                When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Its gonna be ROG, but would like to see more of Jackson in Green, help his development a lot and same for Madigan, need to focus on the next RWC now!

Comment

I think Murray's form makes the selection of one of the younger lads more of an option.

Comment

Always find it strange that because he is 2nd choice at international level means he probably plays less minutes that Keatley. Again the International window will come and ROG will spend weeks warming the bench for Ireland. Not playing. Same happened last year. But how can you stake your claim for a club position when you're not released to play.

I know it's the way of things. But if ROG were to be number one outhalf then he'd need to be playin week in week out to improve. Because of his situation, he can't get that. Exact same happened last year. But what can you do if the IRFU are paying your wages.
                      The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

JJ to start all the 6N matches. The lad needs gametime in a secondary competition before he can be expected to perform in the HEC, like.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by offshorerules View Post
                          Too much is made of Sexton's place kicking frailties. He had a bad world cup along with a couple of other players but since then its been rock solid. I still think ROG will be on the bench but really he shouldn't be at this stage. I say this based on form. He didn't perform well (although he had limited opportunities) in the AI's, reviews of hi sppearances for Munster have been mixed to say the least and we have to bring through new talent. If it appropriate to replace BOD as captain at this point then it is appropriate to warm the bench with new talen now too.
                          I don't think there is any worry about Sexton's place kicking. The issue is that if he gets injured and one of Madigan or Jackson have to come on you can be sure that the Welsh in particular will be happy to test their penalty taking.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                            Always find it strange that because he is 2nd choice at international level means he probably plays less minutes that Keatley. Again the International window will come and ROG will spend weeks warming the bench for Ireland. Not playing. Same happened last year. But how can you stake your claim for a club position when you're not released to play.

I know it's the way of things. But if ROG were to be number one outhalf then he'd need to be playin week in week out to improve. Because of his situation, he can't get that. Exact same happened last year. But what can you do if the IRFU are paying your wages.
                            Well, If Rog is up in the Ireland camp and not getting gametime and at least it means that Keatley will be getting gametime. Rog will then be fairly raw when he returns to Munster and with Keatley playing well. What will Penney do?
                            When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

I think it is a very interesting question as well because the games are win or lose with no BP element.

Comment

Working...
                              X