Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What now for Rog?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What now for Rog?

    Well, Munster looked far better without Rog at the weekend everything considered Keatley was a big improvement. Due to the nature of the game Keatley didnt have much pressure on him.

    With 65-70% of people here putting Keatley forward a number of weeks ago the rest parr Dowlinz must be happy to see him at 10 for the rest of the season.
    I cant see him making many Ireland match day squads anymore if hisnot top dog with Munster.
    Who do you think will take over in the Ireland match day?
    Ive not been that impressed of late with Jackson. Jackson and Madigan are of similar size they see ok defensively but how would they cope against the top teams.
    Rog could be a great asset off the bench for Munster for the rest of the season if J.J doesnt get the chances
    With all the traffic on here after the weekend, im surprised how little was said about Rog's future.
    Last edited by Benji; 21st-January-2013, 23:12.
    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

    #2
    Not watching him week in week out I can't speak for jackson.

    Madigan's very solid though, punches well above his weight in tackling and in contact - quite often he'll wriggle through a gap and keep going, almost like a smaller mcFadden. What's very different about him though is game control. He's not a chess playing number 10 in the traditional sense of control which may not suit ireland, he's more of a michalak type off the cuff ten that play's what's in front of him and will take risks. Let's see if he broadens his horizons to also have the percentage game where it's more appropriate.
    The system is dead! Long live the process!

    Comment


      #3
      clowns

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
        One of your better posts
        When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

        Comment


          #5
          Keatley was so impressive against Racing, the space he created was as if we had an extra man on the field. Wonderful playmaking, completely obliterates the lackluster performances he's had all season and throughout his career.

          Comment


            #6
            keatley was good at getting the backs moving. He took on the defence a few times which helped. Yes a man down helped but you still have to run and spin the passes.
            On the few occasions during the season while Munster were playing against 14 men it wasnt always a try fest. keatley and the squad need to continue where they left off yesterday in the next game. It wont be as easy but it will improve.
            When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

            Comment


              #7
              Ive long been an advocate of Keatley over ROG.......well, since start of season...new systems of plat etc.

              Im far from ROGs no anything fan...

              Id bet RP will start ROG against Quinns.......pisses me off but its going to happen.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                Ive long been an advocate of Keatley over ROG.......well, since start of season...new systems of plat etc.

                Im far from ROGs no anything fan...

                Id bet RP will start ROG against Quinns.......pisses me off but its going to happen.
                Ya he could well decide to play him against Quins but there is lots of Rugby to be played before that.
                I hope he gives him the next few games starting. If he doesnt give Keatley the shirt and chances then he may as well move in the summer.
                When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

                Comment


                  #9
                  The big, glaring even, issue is what does ROG bring to the party that Keatley does not other than 'game management'. As a line-kicking, pin the opposition back outhalf there are few who can hold a candle to him but that was 'old' Munster, the Munster with a 6'4 TH who could throw up one of the world's best lineout exponents on his own.

                  Keatley has O'Gara in terms of strength, defence, attack, pace, physicality. He clearly brings out more in Munster's attacking game yet he is still quite likely to be picking the splinters out of his arse come April.

                  Who decides this? Penney? Kidney? Is the reason Penney Ball has been compared to McGahan-ball due to their similar tactical approach of due to similar personnel who can only play one way? I would say O'Gara's inability to hold a defender means there is a lot of lateral movement in attack. His lack of physical presence means that opponents can play a tight, blitz defence whilst keeping extra players back to the inevitable kick that will come sooner or later. His insistence on taking the ball 10/15 yards behind the gain-line nullifies the midfield threat.

                  Then we have Hanrahan as well who could and arguably should be starting somewhere in the Munster XXIII at the very least if not the 1st XV.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    He'll be grand...he can replace Maureen o hara as the face of the Newbridge Silverware Heritage line.
                    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                      Keatley was so impressive against Racing, the space he created was as if we had an extra man on the field. Wonderful playmaking, completely obliterates the lackluster performances he's had all season and throughout his career.
                      Can we please ban this boring wum?
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                        Keatley was so impressive against Racing, the space he created was as if we had an extra man on the field. Wonderful playmaking, completely obliterates the lackluster performances he's had all season and throughout his career.
                        Classic Dowlinz.
                        To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
                          The big, glaring even, issue is what does ROG bring to the party that Keatley does not other than 'game management'. As a line-kicking, pin the opposition back outhalf there are few who can hold a candle to him but that was 'old' Munster, the Munster with a 6'4 TH who could throw up one of the world's best lineout exponents on his own.

                          Keatley has O'Gara in terms of strength, defence, attack, pace, physicality. He clearly brings out more in Munster's attacking game yet he is still quite likely to be picking the splinters out of his arse come April.

                          Who decides this? Penney? Kidney? Is the reason Penney Ball has been compared to McGahan-ball due to their similar tactical approach of due to similar personnel who can only play one way? I would say O'Gara's inability to hold a defender means there is a lot of lateral movement in attack. His lack of physical presence means that opponents can play a tight, blitz defence whilst keeping extra players back to the inevitable kick that will come sooner or later. His insistence on taking the ball 10/15 yards behind the gain-line nullifies the midfield threat.

                          Then we have Hanrahan as well who could and arguably should be starting somewhere in the Munster XXIII at the very least if not the 1st XV.
                          There is a interview with Keats on the Munster website before the game. He is terribly nervous.

                          Maybe he just doesn't have the big game temperment.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Jeepers you can **** off and all, what a stupid post
                            My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                              There is a interview with Keats on the Munster website before the game. He is terribly nervous.

                              Maybe he just doesn't have the big game temperment.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	facepalm1.gif
Views:	2
Size:	494.0 KB
ID:	2475928
                              To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X