http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...e-3355805.html

Brian O’Driscoll’s Wolfhounds date

Ireland regulars set for 'A' team duty in bid to get vital
    game time

By Conor George

Thursday January 17 2013

Be the first to comment

BRIAN O'DRISCOLL is expected to be named in the Ireland Wolfhounds side to
    face an England Saxons side in Galway on Friday week, January 25.

The Ireland captain will be named in the Ireland
    'A' side for the first time in his illustrious career to facilitate his getting
    some much-needed game time ahead of Ireland's opening Six
    Nations
    game against Wales in Cardiff on
    February 2.

And O'Driscoll, who has 120 caps for his country,
    can expect to be in good company in Galway, with Rob Kearney, Luke
    Fitzgerald
    and Sean
    O'Brien
    also expected to be included. All four are short of match practice
    this season.

Trial

Ireland coach Declan Kidney will use the game to ease the quartet back into
    the international fold, while also using the game as a final trial for a number
    of players ahead of the clash against Wales.

Ronan O'Gara
    will be included in the squad as one of the four out-halves Kidney will name
    when he announces his extended Six Nations panel this morning.

O'Gara faces a disciplinary hearing in Dublin
    today and a possible 12-week ban but, in what can only be construed as a
    positive endorsement, the Ireland coach will include him in his plans for the
    tournament. Jonathan
    Sexton
    , Paddy Jackson and Ian Keatley are the other out-halves that will be
    named on the panel.

O'Gara faces a possible suspension arising from an
    incident during last weekend's game against Edinburgh and will
    be accompanied to the hearing by Munster team
    manager Niall O'Donovan.

He is scheduled to appear before Justice Jeff Blackett at the ERC
    headquarters on St Stephen's Green when the ERC will present their case against
    the 126-times capped international.

O'Gara will be given a chance to argue his case
    and will emphasise his exemplary disciplinary record over his 15 years of Heineken Cup
    involvement. For a player who has been so ruthlessly targeted over the years, it
    is a credit to him that he has been sin-binned just three times in his career
    and has never previously been cited or received a red card.

A ruling will be made soon after the hearing concludes.

Munster forwards coach Anthony Foley said the
    uncertainty of O'Gara's availability for Sunday's Heineken Cup game against
    Racing Metro had not disrupted their preparations this week.

"It's the same thing when you have an injured player," said Foley. "You give
    him until the last moment to prove himself. We will soon know the situation with
    Ronan and we will adjust then."

It is customary for the team to be announced at the squad's first collective
    get-together of the week, which was yesterday, but Munster's management delayed
    this until after today's hearing and instead named a squad. The team will be
    finalised at lunchtime tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Foley is also expected to reprise his role as acting defensive
    coach in the Ireland set-up. Foley was drafted into the coaching set-up during
    the November Internationals and will also be drafted in as back-up to Les Kiss
    for the Six Nations.

Leinster's
    scrum coach Greg Feek will also be deployed in a similar capacity as a
    designated front-row coach alongside Gert Smal.

- Conor George

Irish Independent

Delighted for Keatley, although there will be one correspondent with steam coming out of his ears this morning, but think that is tough on Madigan. Keatley's ability to play 12 could have been a factor.

Not sure on the wisdom of BOD, Kearney and SOB going up against a rake of Orcs with a point to prove. I suppose they have to get game time though. Fingers crossed!!

Comment

I wouldnt call them Orcs, unlike the first team most of the Saxons are actually English
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

this is a funny independent article. including comment

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...n-3356701.html
        I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

How bizarre, Reggie sounds like Aussiedub and Epaddy combined
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Strange article......Reggie creating the fuss he is complaining about Kidney creating....should have just kept his mouth shut....

Seriously though how does DK think that this will help BOD and his play???? If he just came out and said he wanted Jamie to get as much experience captaining as BOD wouldn't be around that would have at least been honest.

Comment

A Conor George article no doubt?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
                Strange article......Reggie creating the fuss he is complaining about Kidney creating....should have just kept his mouth shut....

Seriously though how does DK think that this will help BOD and his play???? If he just came out and said he wanted Jamie to get as much experience captaining as BOD wouldn't be around that would have at least been honest.
                There's too much brow beating people to keep their mouth shut, it's something that's a serious problem with munster rugby but irish rugby in general, the code of silence while getting shafted. All that does is allow rotten people prosper.

Comment

Hmm so we're going to play guys just back from injury as much as possible to get them back into the first team asap regardless of full recovery and form - lessons learned from past then.
                  \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
                    Hmm so we're going to play guys just back from injury as much as possible to get them back into the first team asap regardless of full recovery and form - lessons learned from past then.
                    Not necessarly to get them back into the team......just to get them to where they are an option. Any manager will want as many options as he can get.
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post

I believe he did say that too. I genuinely don't see what the problem is. It seems again the Leinster media and ex players want to make an issue of it. Thats whats disgraceful. Reggie Corrigan is a tool. Shame on him. I genuinely wonder what BOD thinks of his outburst. Jesus, the great man has been captain for 10 years. Lots of new blood coming on the scene. time to freshen things up.

Next stop, stop picking ROG
                      I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post

Completely right. Complete jokeshop if DK asks BOD to play in this
                        I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

why not play Bod in the A game???

He's been out injured for an age, he's clearly not match fit, so surely the best way to help him get there is to play him in a seconds game!? Seems pretty common sensible to me.

Bod will be way of the pace of a full international if he doesn't get some more game time. Also he came of hobbling after Leinsters last game, so it'll also act as a bit of a fitness test for his leg, rather than losing him early against Wales.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

is this not the same as asking poc to play for young munster or christian cullen to play with midleton
                            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                              why not play Bod in the A game???

He's been out injured for an age, he's clearly not match fit, so surely the best way to help him get there is to play him in a seconds game!? Seems pretty common sensible to me.

Bod will be way of the pace of a full international if he doesn't get some more game time. Also he came of hobbling after Leinsters last game, so it'll also act as a bit of a fitness test for his leg, rather than losing him early against Wales.
                              Was he lame on the same ankle though? I seem to remember it was the other ankle but I would not bet on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X