Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be utterly shocked if we won a Grand Slam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly dont think its beyond the realms of possibility atall.
    Any year we play France in Dublin is a year its on like Donkey Kong!

Wales away first up is huge, win that and with a little luck along the way we definitely could be looking at a GS in 2013.

Realistic possibility or Ramblings of a deluded idiot??

A little from Column A, a little from Column B ...
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Ill take that on the chin Chips

Comment

No more surprising than any of the welsh ones I think.

The 6n is a bit of a lottery. Click, get a couple of results under your belt and you're motoring.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

your never sure from one year to the next just how seriously The English and the French take it either.
          Yes they take it seriously of course, but with their history and figures, winning it really doesnt have the same mass appeal to them as it does to us

Comment

Both ourselves and Wales have been hit by injuries recently. I know we didn't play as many games in the AIs (nor against as many top-tier sides), but I still think that overall, we came through the autumn in better shape than them in terms of morale, increased cohesion etc, so I'd be relatively optimistic that we can get that part of the job done. We'll have the attitude that we owe the English so that one's entirely possible at home, and especially now that we have two viable choices at TH, but as ever the big one is whether or not we crumble against the French. Win everything up to that and we might, just might acquire the belief and temperament to beat them.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackdaniels View Post
              your never sure from one year to the next just how seriously The English and the French take it either.
              Yes they take it seriously of course, but with their history and figures, winning it really doesnt have the same mass appeal to them as it does to us
              I'd say it's probably the single most important thing in English rugby. Infinitely more so than the HEC. They have a slight tendency to sing when they're winning, but I'd never doubt their interest in the competition. It's the only rugby most of them watch from year to year.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Balla your prob right
                the fact that Sky dont have the 6N's is possibly/probably why we dont see the mass hysteria that we do for Autumn Internationals against the Big 3 !

beat Wales first up lads, and its very much on

Comment

Working...
                X