Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy that man a pina colada (if he's having one)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy that man a pina colada (if he's having one)

A thread for those who wish to praise Uncle Deccie. Recanter's welcome.
    It appears we have our next coach in situ.
    Gwan Joe!!

Originally posted by ustix View Post
    A thread for those who wish to praise Uncle Deccie. Recanter's welcome.
    It appears we have our next coach in situ.
    With Axle as his no. 2

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
      With Axle as his no. 2
      Feck off and leave Axle where he is
      "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Kidney got Ireland to play to their potential today. That should be the standard expected of him or at least get near it.

Comment

How did Deccie go when he addressed the nation afterwards?
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
            How did Deccie go when he addressed the nation afterwards?
            Usual sh1te - "we're not getting carried away with this result - mainly because we haven't a bloody clue how in God's name it happened. It's a nice way to finish off the year - I'm looking forward to spending my win bonus in Woodies."
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
              Kidney got Ireland to play to their potential today. That should be the standard expected of him or at least get near it.
              Exactly. Let this be the standard from now on not the 60-0 we witnessed in NZ or the shambles in Twickers or in the Aviva v Wales last 6n's.
              Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Not one to quote George Hook very often but he nailed it when he talked about the monumental difference Sexton taking the ball flatter can make. Now it wasn't just that (more inside runners and more convincing decoys played a part too), but Sexton standing up nearer the gainline gave us much more of a threat with ball in hand.

I'm far from a Kindey fan, but if he can put in 5 performances like that come the 6n's I might just begin to think about not wanting him sacked.
                AKA Ugo Monye Spacecraft Experience

Comment

Originally posted by fishooks12 View Post
                  Not one to quote George Hook very often but he nailed it when he talked about the monumental difference Sexton taking the ball flatter can make. Now it wasn't just that (more inside runners and more convincing decoys played a part too), but Sexton standing up nearer the gainline gave us much more of a threat with ball in hand.I'm far from a Kindey fan, but if he can put in 5 performances like that come the 6n's I might just begin to think about not wanting him sacked.
                  Agreed...question id love journo's to ask....sexton and kidney....why that isn't used more often...he sat back off gainline v Sa.
                  "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

One day this bitter little taste will see that Deccie was always a remote, benign, avuncular influence on both the immature pursuit that was amateur rugby in Ireland and the growing pains that have been labelled professionalism over the past 13 years or so.
                    Deccie shall lead us to victory in Twickers , RWC Final 2015 and I, for one, salute him.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishooks12 View Post
                      Not one to quote George Hook very often but he nailed it when he talked about the monumental difference Sexton taking the ball flatter can make. Now it wasn't just that (more inside runners and more convincing decoys played a part too), but Sexton standing up nearer the gainline gave us much more of a threat with ball in hand.

I'm far from a Kindey fan, but if he can put in 5 performances like that come the 6n's I might just begin to think about not wanting him sacked.
                      good game from sexto. He occasionally turns in blinders like this, but
                      because it happens collectively (I thought d'arcy/heaslip/pom/henry and others also delivered)
                      it always makes me feel that it's a coaching/leadership/preparation issue.
                      No better example the 2nd /3rd june tests.

One failing of sexto is his inability to put in a through ball.. zebo and
                      earls pushed two beauties in behind. Lovely touches from zebo.
                      Gets better each game

Comment

I notice alot of the 'Its all Deccies fault, Joe Scmidt is just brilllllllllliant and why Leinster players can't play for Ireland ' commentators have been very quiet this autumn. Why? cos kidney and his management team have taken a squad minus 6or7 of their most experienced and decorated players and have shown the world that 1. They have a game plan and 2. They can play decent rugby.

People conveniently forgot last year that Gert Smal had a stroke and that Kiss was coachng defence and attack and that basically Kidney's coaching team was in total flux post WC.

This year we have a far more balanced Irish international coaching team emerging back on the scene, with Axel added for defence, Smal back fit & well and Kiss concentrating on attack as well as Feek for scrummaging, this is how it should be. Also this better balanced coaching ticket has coincided with the emergence of some very promising young Ulster players performances and this has led Ireland to be able to play with far more accuracy, speed and energy than the past few years.

Ireland have a right chance in this years 6Ns. France are still the form side, but they must come to Dublin and with Kidney's charges improving at the rate they are they will not be far away from a 6Ns or (whisper it) a grand slam.

p.s. this will not overly delight many in Irish rugby particularly tools in the mejia like Peter O'Reilly who seem to conveniently overlook Kidney's considerable landmark achievements since becoming Irish coach and who have been sharpening the knives for use at any poor performance- for the pleasant present at least- hard luck lads!!

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

He's honed his excuses to perfection and the timing of the comments is of course impeccable Declan, but if you think I'm likely to forget the dross teams prepared in your image have served up over the vast majority of your 48 game tenure just because of two facile wins against very poor opponents you're kidding yourself. If anything Saturday showed that the talent is and has been there all the while, but he is unable to identify it or take even the smallest chance on it even with one foot firmly out the door unless an injury crisis intervenes...

Let's see how your selections take shape, and their respective performances when you have a full hand in February. How many of the new blood will be retained once the "old faithfuls" are back to hand..

If you strip our the padding in his career results as Ireland Boss to teams that generally fall inside the IRB Top Eight Rankings (Argentina, Australia, England, France, New Zealand, South Africa & Wales) you get a truer picture of his limitations as Ireland coach..

http://tinyurl.com/kidneyresults08-12

Won: 11
                          Lost : 18
                          Drew: 2

Points For: 545
                          Point Against: 702

Bear in mind that apart from RWC 2011 where Ireland won four consecutive games (albeit Australia apart, against very weak opponents Russia, USA & Italy), Ireland haven't managed back to back Test wins since 2010/11 (by beating Argentina in Nov 2010 and following up three months later by thrashing Italy 13-11 in Rome)...

The last peak of Kidney's tenure was achieved back three season ago in 6N 2009/10 and it's been a long frustrating decline since then. The loss at Croke Park to Scotland on 20 Mar 2010 was the beginning of the end for Ireland under Kidney.

Was Saturday the dawn of a new exciting era for Irish Rugby under Kidney's leadership? I think not, but it's no surprise that Kidney was so quick out of the blocks to wring every positive he could out of two victories against pretty abject (for differing reasons) opposition...

I have never doubted that Kidney is an inherently decent man, but he did the wrong thing by grabbing hold of the contract extension before the last World Cup knowing that he was not delivering relative to the quantity and quality of talent that was available to him. Remember Munster had just won the HEC two month before he started the Ireland job, and in three further of the four years he's been in charge, Ireland has been home to the European Cup...

Comment

If saturday proved anything it proves we have the talent available to compete within the top 8. Of those who are currently injured i would have (if fully fit and playing well) , POC BOD and Sean O Brien back as automatic starters.
                            Declan kidney has a chance now to move Ireland forward and get us playing to the potential that is evidently there in the squad.
                            I am a Kidney fan but he needs to grasp this oppurtunity and really leave his mark. People will have their own opinions on him continuing but if he gets us playing and competing well then the wins will come. The players too have to up their game and buy into whatever gameplan is put before them. I really think that there is an oppurtunity for Ireland and Kidney to prove their doubters wrong in the forthcoming 6 nations and i for one would love to see it happen.

Comment

Seapoint - a pretty negative post but facts based and hard to argue with any of it (apart from consecutive test wins, we beat Oz & Italy in sucession at RWC). Kidney is certainly not out of the woods yet. He absolutely has to beat the Welsh. If he doesn't the Arg game may as well never have happened. The IRFU simply cannot extend his contract without a win in that game.
                              Last edited by Mcork; 27th-November-2012, 19:41.
                              Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X