Joe Schmidt
    40.98%
    Conor O'Shea
    52.46%
    Eddie O'Sullivan
    1.64%
    Mike Ruddock
    4.92%
    "The Munster fans are probably the best fans in Europe in any sport" - John Hayes. 26/12/2011 after his last ever match.

Matt Williams

Comment

EO'S again? Will never happen. When is Bradley's contract up in Scotland?
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Gatland after the Lions. On the basis that Schimdt will probably want to remain in the club game
        I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
          Gatland after the Lions. On the basis that Schimdt will probably want to remain in the club game
          What's that basis based on?

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

Schmidt will return to NZ at the end of his extension for family reasons. He has already committed to Leinster for next season for one more year and that's it.

Ruddock/EOS, not a hope. Ruddock might take the reins in a caretaker capacity next summer but that would be the extent of it, I suspect.

COS is a possibility and I'm sure will be on the IRFU shortlist but why would he want it? He's hugely influential and rated within British sport (not just rugby) and is building something at Quins which I would think he'll want to see through to the next level.

I'd be happier seeing the IRFU looking further afield and drafting in someone who has shown they understand how to play the game and tactically analyse opposition teams successfully. We need a coach with a good level of success and an appreciation of using different players for different situations. I don't think there's an Irish coach who ticks that box so, once again, I suspect the shortlist will have several names on it from the southern hemisphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
              What's that basis based on?
              He looks very comfy in that Leinster jacket.

A shortlist of O'Shea, O'Shea and O'Shea for me. Would need good hands on coaches with him, but I'd love to see him in a Woodward style "elite performance" role with a remit for overall development of the country's top talent, structures, performance etc etc.

If we don't, England will offer him a big job at some point in the future. And that would make me find a small person and start a fight.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

O Shea signed a new contract with Quins recently enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  If we don't, England will offer him a big job at some point in the future. And that would make me find a small person and start a fight.
                  Attached Files
                  He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Re: Next Irish Coach?

Foley is nailed on.......
                    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                      Be warned. Dumptruck fights dirty.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                      RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post

I am the million man.

Comment

Vern Cotter he wants to coach the AB'S but was passed over for Hansen because he does not have any Int experience .

Comment

Lord Bald of Woodward.
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Wouldn't dismiss Kidney being offered a new contract, we've a fairly young side at the moment especially if he continues with the youngsters we saw against Fiji. Very difficult to sack any coach whose working with a young side and "transitioning", would be much easier for them if he stuck with a side full of underperforming thirty somethings.

Would rather he went but if he picks a youthful 6n squad I think they'll be more lenient.

Comment

Working...
                              X