10 called back by Eddie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 called back by Eddie

In addition to the 22 players who were on duty in the 21-6 win over Australia at the weekend, 10 players have been called back into the Ireland squad in advance of next Sunday's Guinness Autumn Test match against the Pacific Islanders.
    They are as follows: Backs (4)- Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock College/Leinster), Eoin Reddan (London Wasps), Barry Murphy (UL Bohemians/Munster)and Jeremy Staunton (London Wasps).
    Forwards (6)- Matt McCullough (Ballymena/Ulster), Jamie Heaslip (Clontarf/Leinster), Simon Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster), Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster), Ronnie McCormack (UCD/Leinster)and Keith Gleeson (St. Mary's College/Leinster).

No Munster forwards and 3 backs who are of Munster.Interesting development.
    The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

This was posted elsewhere, but a thread of it's own is deserved......

Interesting from EOS, last AI and he drafts in another 20 players, and
    he did say at the end of the Aussie game that he wanted to give a
    chance to those who impressed during the A game against Oz....

Hopefully we will see the minimum of Munster forwards for the game
    against PI.. give Kelly and Murphy a well deserved international run
    out, and Munster in the meantime can beat the Ospreys..!!!! chances?????

It would also be a little crazy if Staunton got a start against the PI's....[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

The less munster Players the better for this match we do notneed any more injuries.
      \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Most of theteam should change.

I expect an allUlster front row of Young, Best and Best, a second row of MOK and maybe McCullough anda back row of Easterby, Heaslip and Ferris.

Boss to start again at SH with Wallace outside him. BOD and maybe Murphy in the centre. Hickie, Horgan and Fitzgerald in the back three.

That would be a decent blend of youth and experience and would give Wallace the chance to prove himself.

I'd keep ROG andHayes well clear of it. They're both too important to risk in a rlatively meaningless game.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy

I expect an allUlster front row of Young, Best and Best, a second row of MOK and maybe McCullough

Hogan should be ahead of McCullogh who was quite poor in the A international last week.
          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Keith Gleeson should play he is very good at 7 and bring experience</font></font>
            If The Flintstones has taught us anything, it\'s that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
              Originally posted by Munsterboy

I expect an allUlster front row of Young, Best and Best, a second row of MOK and maybe McCullough

Hogan should be ahead of McCullogh who was quite poor in the A international last week.

He probably should but he's not. McCullough's been called to the squad but Hogan hasn't.

Comment

Working...
              X