WONDERBOY AS BACK UP TO ROG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WONDERBOY AS BACK UP TO ROG?

I dunno about everyone else but i don’t think we’ve come anywhere close to finding our replacement outhalf yet. The possible’s in the squad just don’t give me any confidence. Don’t get me wrong I really hope Wallace gets a good run, as a starter, against the islands but for him to really be an option he needs to be playing consistent HEC cup rugby for Ulster at outhalf which I cant really see happening. With a good run of games over xmas anything is possible but theres a big question mark over him(the same could possibly be said for manning).

Staunton isn’t going to make the grade at this stage I don’t think hes ever really showed the control and all round game to do a job for us at international level, he’s a great goal kicker and is versatile so maybe deserves a place in the squad but he,s a third choice at best.

Humphries shouldn’t get near the squad it’s a backwards step and for me doesn’t bear thinking off.

So what about young Luke I’m sure I’ve read in places he’s played a bit at outhalf albeit at schools level. He has a lot of skill, pace and a good boot (dunno about goal kicking- I’m sure some of the leinsterfans posters can fill us in) I know everyone is talking about him for fullback but there are other candidates for that job not so much for outhalf. Would Cheika consider giving him a run there?

I think people need to remember were looking for cover for Rog not his replacement. If we lose him long term we are screwed (same as the kiwis and carter) but we do need someone who can come and do a job maybe even change the game plan a bit much like are new stringer/boss situation.

What do you think?

whats the story withthe smilies i dint put them in and when i tried to edit there not there?

Comment

If Staunton isn't going to make the grade then neither is Wallace (a year older with less time at top level OH games) so we might as well drop the pair of them out of it. Personally I've seen enough of Staunton at 10 last couple of years to suggest he could set free our back line but he still needs more experience at A level and games like this. I haven't seen anywhere near enough of Wallace at 10 but as a centre and FB he looks good with ball in hand but even more flaky than Stan at the basics.

Comment

There fixed for you. If it happens again just paste the contents into notepad and then copy it back. Welcome by the way.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Your never really going to know until you stick them in there, I'd like to see Staunton in there from the start the next day. Its not going to happen with Wallace appearing to be the designated backup (and I agree with the concerns on him). Staunton has the talent and has spent alot of his career playing at 10, give him a go.
          \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

cheers[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

(that one was on purpose)

Comment

we should start a give stan a go thread.......[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

if wallace isn't the solution for our back up 10 as he is ony playing at 12 for ulster then it's difficult to see howluke fitz who plays 14/15 for leinster can fill in instead. staunton didn't cover himself in glory againstAusA but it still appears to be between himand wallace for a place on the bench in the world cup. eos has done very well in the matches so far and will hopefully continue with trying out new options by starting with boss/wallace against the PI's and bringing on Reddan/Staunton with 30-25 minutes to go

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake
                  we should start a give stan a go thread.......[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

He got a go in the A game.

Comment

Baby Humph had a motm performance against London Irish the other week. Hope he keeps it up!
                    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown
                      Baby Humph had a motm performance against London Irish the other week. Hope he keeps it up!

Is he starting regularly, don't have access to the GP so not up to speed.

Comment

nope think just because Goode was unavailable. First start i think, but word forom Tiggers fans is they want more of him. [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
                        Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                        http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Frank Murphy started as well. Clearly both of them are miles away. Good to have someone on the horizon though.

Comment

what age is Baby humps?
                            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

24 I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X