Wales v Italy - End of Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wales v Italy - End of Game

Can anyone clear this up for me....I remeber in 92/93 when the big rule changes came in...5 for a try, use it or lose it etc and one of the changes was that you got the put in to a lineout when you kicked the penalty. I remember at the time that people made the point that the lineout was part of the penalty itself. So when Wales kicked that ball to touch....should play have continued anyways? For example, you can't end the game by conceeding a penalty...you have to allow the penalty to be taken. Should that lineout have been allowed based on that?

Originally posted by legend99

Can anyone clear this up for me....I remeber in 92/93 when the big rule changes came in...5 for a try, use it or lose it etc and one of the changes was that you got the put in to a lineout when you kicked the penalty. I remember at the time that people made the point that the lineout was part of the penalty itself. So when Wales kicked that ball to touch....should play have continued anyways? For example, you can't end the game by conceeding a penalty...you have to allow the penalty to be taken. Should that lineout have been allowed based on that?

i think this has changed along the way somewhere as ive seen this happen ona number of occasions
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger
      Originally posted by legend99

i think this has changed along the way somewhere as ive seen this happen ona number of occasions

Exactly,indeed it has...and rightly so! If you recall,a certain P Stringer did it in a game in Cardiff last May....
      Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Working...
      X