Another question from my boss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question from my boss

When did the Hooker take over throwing into the line-out?

My guess would be late 60s or early 70s.

I remember the time when wingers would put the ball into the lineout. That left a defensive gap 10 yards back from the line out, that attacking scrum-half could pop the ball over the line-out for a chase etc.. Great fun....

Comment

I would say it was in the mid70s.
      Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Early to mid 70's I think. Anyone remember which was the first 'big' team to make the change?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Red October
            Early to mid 70's I think. Anyone remember which was the first 'big' team to make the change?

Twas the AB's I think
            \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
            P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

I remember Pierre Berbizier throwing into the line out for france in the 80's.
              Romani ite Domun

Comment

I seem to remember tiny Jacques Fouroux doing it too.(RIP - didn't he die recently?)
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddie

I remember that. I was told it was because the french were using 3 props in the FR, and none of them could throw for toffee.
                  \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
                  P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by spinner

I remember that. I was told it was because the french were using 3 props in the FR, and none of them could throw for toffee.

Yup, that was my memory of that instance too.

Comment

Originally posted by spinner

Was that the season France used three probs andfive second rows in their pack?
                      What once were vices,now are habits

Comment

Working...
                      X