Spite or entering into the spirit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spite or entering into the spirit

Italy could have banged the ball off the park repeatedly when we were several minutes beyond final whistle. What do you think?

Were they being spiteful to cut our points down and stop us from winning. Were they just trying to have their say in the title? Or were they, like our team seemed to be, caught up in white line fever and the momentum and just carried on like we did?

Initially I thought b*****ds deliberately tried to f**k us over. Now I'm not sure it wasn't the last option, they just got carried away with the flow.
    Spite - to stop us winning title
    0%
    Petty - to have their say in title
    0%
    Spirit - just joining in the mood
    0%

Well if they were going to f**k anyone over it would be the French, they hate them. I would say it was pride.

Comment

Pride, and fair play to them.
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Pride deffinatelly and fair f***s to em for it. Thats character to keep their chins up right trough
        ANY MANS FINEST HOUR, HIS GREATEST FULFILMENT OF ALL HE HOLDS DEAR, IS THE MOMENT WHEN HE HAS WORKED HIS HEART OUT IN A GOOD CAUSE AND LIES EXHAUSTED ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE – VICTORIOUS.

Comment

I don't even know it was pride, I think they may even have been enjoying the game, enjoying the running and maybe they just didn't want this 6N to end cos they'd got so much out of it. Yeah they got spanked off the park but they still had 2 wins this year and really, had they played against England the way they played for much of the game against us, they had a shot at win #3 as well.

Comment

Yeah i really respect them for it like! They are heros in itally now.
            ANY MANS FINEST HOUR, HIS GREATEST FULFILMENT OF ALL HE HOLDS DEAR, IS THE MOMENT WHEN HE HAS WORKED HIS HEART OUT IN A GOOD CAUSE AND LIES EXHAUSTED ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE – VICTORIOUS.

Comment

They did enought to help us by replacing Pez with Scannavaca

Comment

If they had taken the kick in front of the posts, I would have said spite but they ran it. We didn't defend properly.

Comment

why do they hate the french?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

This is the most ridiculous poll I've ever seen. Ireland played on, why should Italy bend over for us?

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
                      This is the most ridiculous poll I've ever seen. Ireland played on, why should Italy bend over for us?

agreed. Although we're worse for readin it. There were plenty times when i wished the ireland team were a tad more spiteful. It's pretty much a key ingredient for a rugby player.

Italians (I've lived with some) tell me they hate french because they are arrogant toward italians. They won't talk to italians unless the italians have perfect french. Did you know both countries claim ownership of mt blanc, europes highest peak

Comment

Fair play to both Italy and Scotland for trying their hardest for the whole game in both matches. It would have been easy for either of them to switch off. It shows there is still a lot of integrity in international rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dave
                          Pez was injured so they had no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by beir bua
                            Originally posted by The Dave
                            Pez was injured so they had no choice.
                            An injured Pez is probably still better than Scannavaca [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
                              This is the most ridiculous poll I've ever seen. Ireland played on, why should Italy bend over for us?*
                              Agreed. Sport is about competition. They're supposed to want to beat us and fight to the end.

Don't forget Italy had won two in a row and the Italians felt like they were in the hunt for a third win before the game. In the end, they didn't do too badly.

We didn't defend but our forwards were outplayed in the tight all game.

In fact overall Italy have a better set of forwards than Ireland do with the exception of our back row.

Wallace/Leamy > Bergamasco/Parisse

But Italy's backs let them down massively.

Comment

Working...
                              X