Lessons learned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lessons learned

I post the following at the discretion of the moderators and understand fully if it gets moved or deleted.The substance of the post is where we go from here.

1. We desperately need some leadership on the field.At 31 points up , with Ronan pointing to the posts , Denis Leamy takes a tap.I'm sorry but that is unacceptable and is a point against the coaches.Poor on field decision making is now a constant in Irish rugby: (witness Munster v Leicester or earlier ).

2. If EOS sends anything bar the Churchill Cup side to Argentina he should be sacked. I won't insult any intelligence by explaining this.

3.We can win the WC and should be aiming to.We owe France and if we get the Kiwis we can front them out.

Eamo
    I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
    HL Mencken

Originally posted by Eamo

I post the following at the discretion of the moderators and understand fully if it gets moved or deleted.The substance of the post is where we go from here.

1. We desperately need some leadership on the field.At 31 points up , with Ronan pointing to the posts , Denis Leamy takes a tap.I'm sorry but that is unacceptable and is a point against the coaches. How do you work that one out -should EOS have whistled to Leamy to stophim?? Poor on field decision making is now a constant in Irish rugby: (witness Munster v Leicester or earlier ). A constant eh? any more examples?

2. If EOS sends anything bar the Churchill Cup side to Argentina he should be sacked. Then there won't be a team to play in the Churchill Cup! I won't insult any intelligence by explaining his.

3.We can win the WC and should be aiming to The players should be aiming to win it but we, as rational on-lookers outside of the squad,should be able tosee that it is extremely unlikely that Ireland will win the world cup.We owe France and if we get the Kiwis we can front them out.

Eamo

Comment

I believe the decisions on whether to take the points or otherwise should at this stage be taken from the guys on the pitch so many ridiculous decisions have been made.Saner heads,not ones pumped full of adrenalin should prevail.

As regards other examples,Final 2000 v Northampton lost by a point and a kickable penalty passed up,similiarly with the semi v Toulouse. Irelandv Australia in the last World Cup same story. On the MunsterDVD we hear Axle going on about how it's a victory for the defence if you take the points. What rubbish.They also passed up 2/3 kickable penalties in the HC Final and had a very nervy finish where the game could have been put away much earlier if saner heads had been making the decisions. Axle said they all bought into these decisions which to me suggests that they all get too pumped to make sane decisions. Give it to someone on the touchline.
      The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Interesting point. I though the attitude on Saturday was all wrong,
        they turned down three or four kickable pens, mind you it might have
        had something to do with Rogs dislike of the mitre ball (it is mitre in
        rome isnt it?)
        Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

lessons learned??!!!!!!

....i will resist the temptation[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

lessons learned.............

With a 1:30pm kick off the key is to pace oneself[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X