6 Nations Citings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delighted for Fez .... but still pissed at the whole situation
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
      It seems Ferris got nowt, the committee said that it shouldn't have even been a Pen. If that's true, they're saying that the officials between them got both decisions wrong. Davies should have got a red and both Ferris and Wales should have got nowt ( no card and no Pen.)

will either of the relevant officials get demoted?

Will they **** !!!
      piquet ..... was there official statement on it including the giving of penalty???
      "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
        Both feet are allowed to be off the ground in a legal "dump" tackle but the tackler must ensure he does not "drop" or "drive" the attacker to the ground, is that not the case. I think that's where the grey area lay for me, Ferris did not drop him as he had one leg held, and he certainly didn't drive him downwards as it was more of a backward motion. Still I don't blame Barnes for giving the penalty at first glance, the yellow and citing were a joke though
        Aye, I know, but you are in the 78min of a Six Nations match, you've bodies everywhere, you are trying to watch for infringements and as you look up you see a player with his legs in the air. Remember this is 100mph stuff and you don't have the benefit of slow motion action replays either.

It WAS the wrong decision, but, given the above, I'm giving Barnes the benefit of the doubt.

Pearson, on the other hand, should be admonished and removed from a few 6N games.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Good news for Fez, as was said the whole situation is very unsatisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

It seems Ferris got nowt, the committee said that it shouldn't have even been a Pen. If that's true, they're saying that the officials between them got both decisions wrong. Davies should have got a red and both Ferris and Wales should have got nowt ( no card and no Pen.) will either of the relevant officials get demoted?

Will they **** !!!

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post

Only if he is cited can a disciplinary commission exonerate him.

I thank you!
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

...Pearson, on the other hand, should be admonished and removed from a few 6N games.
              I've wanted that for ages. Can't stand the smug grin he's always puttin on. I'm not a particularly violent man, but I have the stangest urge to want to punch him in the face.

Comment

Aye, I know, but you are in the 78min of a Six Nations match, you've bodies everywhere, you are trying to watch for infringements and as you look up you see a player with his legs in the air. Remember this is 100mph stuff and you don't have the benefit of slow motion action replays either.

It WAS the wrong decision, but, given the above, I'm giving Barnes the benefit of the doubt.

Pearson, on the other hand, should be admonished and removed from the game.
                Fixed that for you
                I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

rte.ie/sport

Ferris cleared to play against France
                  Wednesday 8 February 2012
                  Ireland wing-forward Stephen Ferris has been cleared to play in this Saturday's RBS 6 Nations clash with France.

The decision not to suspend the Ulsterman was taken by an independent championship disciplinary committee at a hearing in London today.

Ferris was cited for a tackle on Ian Evans in the final minute of Ireland's 21-23 defeat to Wales. He was yellow carded by referee Wayne Barnes and from the subsequent penalty, Leigh Halfpenny was able to land the match-winning penalty for Wales.

Ireland will play France, who got their campaign off to a winning start with a 30-12 victory over Italy at the weekend, at the Stade De France in a Saturday night clash.

Ireland head coach Declan Kidney is due to name his selection for the clash at lunchtime tomorrow.

France have already named their team.

Follow all the RBS 6 Nations action this weekend on RTÉ.ie/Sport with our live Matchtrackers and live streaming of RTÉ's TV (Ireland only) and Radio (Worldwide) coverage of the matches. WEB-ONLY coverage of France U20 v Ireland U20 from 1.50pm on Saturday.
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by No. 16 View Post
                    OK. That's settled. There'll be no clock tower incidents now. At least not over Ferris anyway. Now. Back to my point I wonder does anyone have an opinion?. It is claimed DaviEs got off lightly. There is a maximum ban of 52 weeks. Halving that to 26 and giving the full 5 week reduction and banning for 21 weeks would be getting off lightly!!! What the hell do you have to do to somebody under this regulation to get a sentence that would actually be a deterrent?
                    I think a ban in that order would have been reasonable, it does look like someone has to be very seriously hurt before they act correctly. Missing 4 or 5 games is really no punishment at all.
                    I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by <BM> View Post
                      If Davies got away with 5 weeks, anything more would be an insult.
                      Davies got 7 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
                        Davies got 7 weeks.
                        Back for the Blues and the 1/4 final. A fair cop.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Pearson, on the other hand, should be admonished and removed from a few 6N games.
                          Yep as I said I don't blame Barnes for the split-second decision and I suppose the yellow didn't really matter. For the citing officer to watch it in the cold light of day and recommend a citing was ridiculous.

Agreed on Pearson also, grow some balls and recommend a red.
                          If a man stands in the middle of the forest with no woman around to hear him - is he still wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by outside inside View Post
                            Does that mean that it should have been a red card ? Was there any reference to the officials conduct ?
                            exactly what I was thinking. If they threw the book at Davies, it would have reflected poorly on the ref and linesman's decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                              So you saw it too?
                              Yes I saw it, but I would consider it to be aggressive counter-rucking rather than a cheap shot, he came through the middle from behind the hindmost foot and was making a legitimate effort to play the play rather than just playing the man.

I am no fan of foul play in the game and will never try to justify it, but this is not an example of it, there were other instances in the match I would view more as foul play than this one.

Comment

It's unfortuante for Davies that Ryan didn't have the ball in his hands, sure after the 7 weeks ban he got - It would have been justifiably only 2 if he was trying to stop a ball carrier from advancing.

Comment

Working...
                                X