Well done the Lads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done the Lads

I have really enjoyed this competition - while we didn't win it wwhat can I say - it wasn't for the effort and all that goes with it - would like to say a big thanks to all Ireland Squad - even the lads that have the blisters on their hole because of EOS (even EOS - getting carried away now !!!) - Cheerrrrs - lads

Why did we win something. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Congrats to France [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
    they call it \'passion\', we call it pride

Comment

Originally posted by vicker

Ungraftful Git[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by hooke

Ungraftful Git[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]admit it hooke, this season was one big f**k up [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope can't agree it was a COMPLETEUnderPants, beat S africia, Australia, in Autumn, beatEngland, Wales, Scotland, Italy - won a crapy 3rd Triple Crown - lost narrowly to France, two teams in HEC still- so Noo - cant agree - admire you striving for perfection though and my view is this is Great Time for Irish Rugby cos I've seen the depth to which we can stoop, and it aint pretty - I think we are in good shape to make a stab at RWC - but there you go Iam an Daft Optimist[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry to piss on your parade hooke but France are the best team we've met this season and we lost by deciding not to show up for the first 40 mins.

Comment

Sorry to piss on your parade hooke but France are the best team we've met this season and we lost by deciding not to show up for the first 40 mins.

Agree up to a point. But in my mind we lost by behaving like U14 schoolboys in the last 2 minutes of the French game.

Comment

AgreedFrance are better than us but they only beat us by the skin of their poxy teeth on the day and overall... but that doesn't mean that we didn't perform pretty well overall, nice thread Hooke, fair playlads

Comment

Originally posted by pwrmoore

Agree up to a point. But in my mind we lost by behaving like U14 schoolboys in the last 2 minutes of the French game.

No they didn't. Fair enough, O'Connell knocked on the drop-out and France ran in a lucky break, Vincent Clerc v John Hayes is only going to have one outcome, a complete mismatch, try france. Don't think any other team could beat them by not showing up in the first half, so maybe there is some hope. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

In three words - France beat us.

In a sentence - France came up the pitch knowing that they needed a quick try to beat us - and they got it. We knew we had to stop them getting it - and failed.

And the same happened today for France. Now that's consistent.
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

The guys picked gave it everything and all credit to them. I dread to think what might be left in the tank for HEC though.
                      Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Originally posted by Sin a bhfuil

AgreedFrance are better than us but they only beat us by the skin of their poxy teeth on the day and overall... but that doesn't mean that we didn't perform pretty well overall, nice thread Hooke, fair playlads

Sin a bhfuil, I think we are much better than France on paper, we need to start getting it together...

Comment

Originally posted by pwrmoore

No they didn't. Fair enough, O'Connell knocked on the drop-out and France ran in a lucky break, Vincent Clerc v John Hayes is only going to have one outcome, a complete mismatch, try france. Don't think any other team could beat them by not showing up in the first half, so maybe there is some hope. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

The point is that even without showing up inthe first half we would still have won if we had secured the ball from the restart in the last 2 mins of the game. I'm not interested in blaming individuals, we didn't and we lost the game and the championship in that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin a bhfuil

Sin a bhfuil, I think we are much better than France on paper, we need to start getting it together...

We're notbetter than them on paper Vicker. This is the misconception that leads to the we did fcuk all attitude and the winning the grand slam is everything attitude. We've got it together to a certain extent but can still improve on certain things. We could well have lost to Wales and Scotland - now that would have been a complete fcuk-up.

Comment

Echo the sentiments - well done lads.... great effort today - who would have thought that a 26 point win over Italy wouldn't have been enough today.....

Roll on the world cup......

Comment

Working...
                              X