Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT?? WHAT REPLAY WAS HE WATCHING

Im gutted totally gutted

a 10 point swing in extra time was silly enough but due to the fact that we didnt know what we had to score, you can excuse it partially[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

but that try being given to france by aTMO!!! [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]is far different than a ref not seeing aforward pass in a full pace movementand of coursethe try must still be scored

He i.e. the TMO is judged by much higher standards as he should rarely if ever make a mistake with the benifit of slow motion replay and multiple angles, thats two atrocious TMO decisions Wilkinsons clearly wrong and now this one unfortunatly this one may have cost ireland a 6 nations championship, [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img][img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

two irish reflugs screw up onegets lamont binned the other the above, is either a blind man or a spineless one

The TMO was asked was there any reason he should NOT award the try. He couldn't see it clearly because the ref was blocking the camera view so couldn't give a reason for not awarding it. The ref was pretty certain and asked the correct question, i.e. "Is there any reason I should NOT award the try". As a result, try awarded. Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by leinsterman.
      The TMO was asked was there any reason he should NOT award the try. He couldn't see it clearly because the ref was blocking the camera view so couldn't give a reason for not awarding it. The ref was pretty certain and asked the correct question, i.e. "Is there any reason I should NOT award the try". As a result, try awarded. Case closed.

Not what i heard ?? where are we getting this info from?

Comment

From what I saw on the TV.

Comment

AGree totally, Ref said he saw grounding why wouldn't he award Try - Look we had at least two tries in Rome with Forward Passes - thats the way it goes, great campaign, roll on RWC[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

Comment

I was told that was the Q he asked.

The answer should have been, "Yes, it's St Patrick's Day and it's impossible to tell if it was grounded!!!!!"
            PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

1711: France twist over the line and it is going to the TMO - who is Irish! Referee Craig Joubert believes a try has been scored and has asked for any reason why he cannot award the try. Will the Irishman come up with something

Right now thats supposedly exactly what he said, but that statement is up to interpretation IMO, HE BELIEVES A TRY HAS BEEN SCORED he does not know so its up the the TMO to confirm or deny and clearly the TMO should have said no try

Comment

Originally posted by caomhan

1711: France twist over the line and it is going to the TMO - who is Irish! Referee Craig Joubert believes a try has been scored and has asked for any reason why he cannot award the try. Will the Irishman come up with something

Right now thats supposedly exactly what he said, but that statement is up to interpretation IMO, HE BELIEVES A TRY HAS BEEN SCORED he does not know so its up the the TMO to confirm or deny and clearly the TMO should have said no try
                did you watch the game?

Comment

in other words hewas simplysaying, i think it was a try but i am not sure..so i will go upstairs,

the whole reason we have a TMO, then its the TMO who decides and he should have said no try!

Comment

yeah i watched the whole thing

and thats what he said according to the BBC website now they are hardly biased

Comment

You've managed to prove my point in the post with the sections bolded. The ref believes the try should be awarded and aske the TMO is there any reason why he cannot awrd it. The TMO can't see any reason why it CAN'T be awarded so the ref's decision is correct and final.

Comment

If a referee aks is there a reason he should not award a try, then the
                        referee didn't see the try. so how could a ref be pretty certain there
                        was a try. if the ref is happy with the score then its a score. but in this
                        case he had to ask so he was as certain as the rest of us.
                        Also from what i know we the public see all the angles that the tmo sees
                        so what was the tmo tonight watching that he offered the result he did?
                        “People are broad-minded. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive, there's something wrong with him.” - Art Buchwald

Comment

Originally posted by James Lynch

It's not just the TMO's job to see if the ball was grounded. The ref was certain it had. He may have been asking the TMO to ensure there was no illegal play involved in the scoring. That also comes under the edict of the TMO.

Comment

The clock had gone red while the ball was out of play, before it was put into the last scrum (which lead to the try) but the ref. played on, this is in stark contrast to last weeks ending in the Italy V Wales game, surely the ref. should never have allowed the scrum?

As for the try, well the whole purpose ofthe TMOI always thought is to confirm whether the ball was grounded, the ref should neverhave asked for it if he had seen the ball being grounded.

All a bit wierd but we got our breaks with the forward passes so nothing to cmplain about.

Comment

Originally posted by James Lynch

exactly!! it was just pharsed stupidly their is no need to go to TMO if he knows its a try so he just thinks/believes it is, but once it goes upstairs the TMO has to make his decision on what he can see not what the ref thought.. and if he had done so correctly he should have said no try

Comment

Working...
                              X