Italy 2012 6N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy 2012 6N

How do ye think Italy will fare this season? Anyone know much about Jacques Brunel as a coach? I see he managed Perpignan and assisted with French team before. Is he highly rated?
    \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

He managed Perpignan as they fell out of the Heineken Cup and then the Challenge Cup knock-out stages this year. They seem to think highly enough though. I think Italy will be undergoing a transition this year and may lose some potency while they settle. The French are in the same boat, but I get the feeling the uncertainty may just make them more dangerous.

I did read that Brunel has made lots of changes to his squad too, injecting alot of uncapped youth, while dropping Ledesma (through retirement) and the elder Bergamasco.
    Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by gavindillon View Post
      He managed Perpignan as they fell out of the Heineken Cup and then the Challenge Cup knock-out stages this year. They seem to think highly enough though. I think Italy will be undergoing a transition this year and may lose some potency while they settle. The French are in the same boat, but I get the feeling the uncertainty may just make them more dangerous.

I did read that Brunel has made lots of changes to his squad too, injecting alot of uncapped youth, while dropping Ledesma (through retirement) and the elder Bergamasco.
      Ledesma? Argie is he not? What prop retired?
      \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

I also thought I read that it was the younger Bergamasco Mirco who was dropped?
        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Brunel calls up four uncapped players for first squad
          17 January 2012, 10:41 am
          By Sportsbeat

New Italy coach Jacques Brunel has named four uncapped players in his 30-man squad for the RBS 6 Nations which kicks off in Paris on February 4.

Aironi pair Alberto de Marchi and Giovanbattista Venditti, 21-year-old centre Luca Morisi and 18-year-old winger Angelo Esposito are in line to make their first appearances for the Azzurri against a French team desperate for revenge after last season’s shock loss in Rome.Several older heads have missed out in Brunel’s first squad including Salvatore Perugini, Fabio Ongaro and Carlo del Fava but Mauro Bergamasco and Kris Burton both make the cut.
          Prop de Marchi was part of the Azzurri training squad for the Rugby World Cup, while Morisi missed out on the Junior World Championship in Italy because of injury.
          Venditti has been in impressive form for Aironi this season and Esposito has emerged from the North-East Academy, winning a first Italy A cap against Tonga last June.
          Backs: Edoardo Gori (Treviso), Fabio Semenzato (Treviso), Kris Burton (Treviso), Luciano Orquera (Aironi), Tommaso Benvenuti (Treviso), Gonzalo Canale (Clermont Auvergne), Luca Morisi (Crociati), Alberto Sgarbi (Treviso), Angelo Esposito (Ruggers Tarvisium), Roberto Quartaroli (Aironi), Giulio Toniolatti (Aironi), Giovanbattista Venditti (Aironi), Andrea Masi (Aironi), Luke McLean (Treviso)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
            I also thought I read that it was the younger Bergamasco Mirco who was dropped?

Perugini..cannot understand why he was dropped.

Comment

He hasnt been making the Aironi 1st 15 this season.

Comment

Working...
              X