Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Ruddock for Ireland Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Mike Ruddock for Ireland Coach

    Could we possibly steal him after the WC?

    He's coached Leinster before and has good relationship with O'Driscoll. Moreover, I'd think he'd be attracted to managing some of the talent Ireland have at their disposal...

    I think Ireland could do well playing the style which Wales employed during their Grand Slam year as we are more skilful all-round than Wales.

    It would be the absolute opposite of Eddie's conservatism

    #2


    Well great since when was rugby been a one man sport? "and has good relationship with O'Driscoll" as far as I'm aware the current coach has a "good relationship with O'Driscoll"[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by McCloud

      Well great since when was rugby been a one man sport? "and has good relationship with O'Driscoll" as far as I'm aware the current coach has a "good relationship with O'Driscoll"[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
      I'm just saying if the coach has a good relationship with the captain of the current team, he might be more inclined to take the job.

      Would you like to see Mike Ruddock in the Ireland job?

      Comment


        #4
        I'm holding out for Henry[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

        Comment


          #5
          MIke Ruddock had a good relationship with his former captain. At the moment he's involved with Mumbles at a gras roots level. His wife is Irish. But we've had this before. So Big Hit you are a bit behind the times, about 12 months.
          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by The Word Is Born
            MIke Ruddock had a good relationship with his former captain. At the moment he's involved with Mumbles at a gras roots level. His wife is Irish. But we've had this before. So Big Hit you are a bit behind the times, about 12 months.
            Yeah, I'm kinda new.

            Would you want Mike Ruddock?

            Comment


              #7
              There was a feeling that Scott Johnson was the inspiration behind that Taff team. There is no way that the IRFU will get rid off Cooder until Cooder rides off into the sunset. Even when he coaches the British Lions he will still be Emperor for Life. For me he should have gone about three years ago. Lap up all the triple crowns all you want but with a cold clinical eye grands slams/championships were thrown away.

              So no I don't think that Ruddock would be the answer. A certain Aussie partnership might be a wild card, or at the very least the back's coach.

              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by The Word Is Born
                For me he should have gone about three years ago. Lap up all the triple crowns all you want but with a cold clinical eye grands slams/championships were thrown away.
                The Murrayfield foot and mouth slam was thrown away.
                France in France slam last year was thrown away.

                thats it.

                Originally posted by The Word Is Born
                So no I don't think that Ruddock would be the answer. A certain Aussie partnership might be a wild card, or at the very least the back's coach.
                who?

                Comment


                  #9
                  The French game in LR then onto MillStad for a capitulation.
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by The Word Is Born
                    The French game in LR then onto MillStad for a capitulation.
                    yeah, ok we threw away a lot of slams but so did England. its hard to do.

                    its the players that take the field, not eddie.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      If Eddie took the field he would have blustered the opposition with his mixed metaphors and incomprehensible 'logic'. Fact is EOS prepared the teams, or rather structured them into a particular way of playing rather than actually allowing the players to make their own decisions. Yes I will grant you that some players had an off day but the creativity and life was strangled ouf the team. It has changed slightly recently but old habits are hard to give up. The conservatism will be the undoing this team. That is his fault. Another fault is failing to develop players in back-up positions. There were plenty of games that were crying out for an injection of pace/agression/guile and Eddie sat on his hands with his thumbs sticking up.
                      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Robbie Deans or Nucifora would be on my shopping list after the WC. It would be no harm to freshen things up, hopefully EOS won't get another big contract before the WC again, we should judge him after the WC.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Mike Ruddock will be named as Ospreys Head Coach during the summer, he is involved with the Liberty Property company who are the financiers and brains behind the Ospreys and the Liberty Stadium, these guys are Swansea through and through, Scott Gibbs works as Business Development Director and Ruddock is viewed as one of their own very harshly treated by the WRU, who continue to give handouts to their traditional enemy, Llanelli.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X