Flannary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flannary

Why the hell is Flannary still on the Bench for Saturday [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

He is easily the best hooker in Ireland and his lineout throws are better since he has come back from injury.In my opinion he should have got the start against the Italians.
    \' It Has Been Noted \'

Better in the loose, more abrasive IMO and throws better darts. Would
    prefer to see him start tomorrow against what is a high quality Italian
    pack.

But then again EOS knows best doesn't he? [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
    If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

I'd be content (ish) to let Best start, he's supposed to be better in the scrum so he'll be needed to give the Italians the impression that they won't get much change out of us come scrum time.

Not sure how you can rate his darts one way or another, he hasn't thrown that many of them or anything.

And yes, to me he is the better player but so long as he gets some more gametime with Ireland in preparation for Ulster and the Scarlets, him not starting won't bother me.

Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
      Munster: Early Season
      Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
      Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
      Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

As much as i hate to say it Best has done well and has had more games than Flannery, we all know his a class player but he has been unlucky to loose out, but you cant say Best has done badly. Flannery will struggle to get named ahead of Frankie.

Comment

'Flannery will struggle to get named ahead of Frankie'.

Come off it, Flannary is twice the player Frankie is , Not saying Frankie is bad just saying he is not the same player he was before his injury ! Frankie will be doing well to get in World Cup squad with the way Flannary and Best are playing !

Also what i am saying is that Flannary is the best hooker in Ireland and Best should be 2nd in line. Give Flannary game time and Munster and Ireland will reek the rewards.

Best has not done bad and i know it is hard to drop anyone from a winning team, But in my opinion Flannary should have got the start on Saturday.

\' It Has Been Noted \'

Comment

Originally posted by Red_langer1977

As much as i hate to say it Best has done well and has had more games than Flannery, we all know his a class player but he has been unlucky to loose out, but you cant say Best has done badly. Flannery will struggle to get named ahead of Frankie.
            <DIV>
            </DIV>
            <DIV></DIV>
            <DIV>That is the most ridiculous thing i've read on here for weeks. have you seen Frankie play lately?</DIV>
            <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
            http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
            </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Well if Flannery had been starting for Munster in the ML during the off weeks in the 6N to get up his match fitness he might have had a chance but he hasn't started a game for eight months! Best is doing well and deserves to keep his place in the team.

Comment

Flannery is coming back from injury, he's had little game time, what do people find complicated about that.
                Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Best has done nothing wrong since being selected. In fact, he has performed well; his lineout throwing has been accurate and he has done a very nice job at scrum time (bymany accounts, he is the bestscrummaging hooker available) and his really hit rucks, clears out well and gets about the park. He is not a ball carrier in Flannery's class, but he is accurate in the tackle.

Best does not deserve to be dropped for the 6N's for a player who lacks game time since returning from injury. Best has perfromed well. Come WC, I expect to see Flannery start but will not be disappointed if Best gets the nod.

Comment

Flannery had a superb 1st 6Nbut hehas been injured and not playing much rugby this season. There is a lot of crap talked here about him being obviously the best hooker when there is nothing at all obvious about it. He is an excellent hooker, so is Best. There is no obvious advantage to having Flannery on the field over Best at the moment.

Best is the man in possession and is playing very well. If Best gets injured or if his form dips then Flannery will probably get ahead of him again. Don't forget that Flannery only got into the squad in the first placebecause Best was injured.

We are fortunate to have two good young hookers. quit whining.

Comment

Flannery is unlucky that Best has taken his chance well. I agree that Best does not deserve to be dropped but Flannery is the better player by far.
                      Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

I think Flannary is far better then Shehen. Shehen was unlucky because he was always competing against Shane Burne. As it turned out, Shane Burne made life after Keith Would more bearable. Thank god. Also, we have a fantastic tradition of hookers, Ciaran Fitsjerald was great in his day. It makes you wonder where on earth we got the likes of Bernard Packman from.

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                          I think Flannary is far better then Shehen. Shehen was unlucky because he was always competing against Shane Burne. As it turned out, Shane Burne made life after Keith Would more bearable. Thank god. Also, we have a fantastic tradition of hookers, Ciaran Fitsjerald was great in his day. It makes you wonder where on earth we got the likes of Bernard Packman from.

What did you say the name of your english teacher was SkibbRed?

Comment

Originally posted by pwrmoore

Flannery had a superb 1st 6Nbut hehas been injured and not playing much rugby this season. There is a lot of crap talked here about him being obviously the best hooker when there is nothing at all obvious about it. He is an excellent hooker, so is Best. There is no obvious advantage to having Flannery on the field over Best at the moment.

Best is the man in possession and is playing very well. If Best gets injured or if his form dips then Flannery will probably get ahead of him again. Don't forget that Flannery only got into the squad in the first placebecause Best was injured.

We are fortunate to have two good young hookers. quit whining.
                            In bold - come off it. Flannery is better in almost every aspect of play, lineouts, ball carrying, support running, energy, passing, just as good in the tackle. In fact, the only aspect of Best's play that is better than Fla is, apparently, his scrummaging.

Agree otherwise, Best is the man with the jersey. Once Fla is playing for Munster on a regular basis I reckon he'll be the one starting because he simply brings more to the team.
                            Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                            Munster: Early Season
                            Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                            Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                            Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

like the Avatar Ruck [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                              Con Artist

Comment

Working...
                              X