Scots pick team to rollover against Frogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scots pick team to rollover against Frogs

Revenge for Eddie's accusations I wonder????

5 changes and 2 positional switches (1 enforced)

------------------------------ -------
    <H2 ="uppercase clear">Lawson follows in hallowed footsteps</H2>
    <H3>Wednesday 14th March 2007</H3>
    <DIV =story id=advert_1></DIV>
    @@@@SPAN id=intelliTXT>

Gloucester scrum-half Rory Lawson, grandson of the infamous Bill McLaren, will make his first start for Scotland against France in the Six Nations on Saturday.

Scotland are making five changes in personnel in all, and two further positional switches ffor the match in Paris.

Introduced to the team are scrum-half Rory Lawson and hooker Ross Ford, both making their first starts for their country, wing Nikki Walker, his first starting cap for five years, centre Andrew Henderson and number eight Johnnie Beattie.

Chris Paterson - who set two Scotland Six Nations records last week for most points (61) and most penalties (16) in a championship - moves from wing to full-back following Hugo Southwell's shoulder injury and Rob Dewey will operate at outside centre.

Omitted from the team defeated 18-19 by Ireland last weekend are Dougie Hall, Chris Cusiter, Marcus Di Rollo and Dave Callam.

"We are keen to give Ross Ford, Johnnie Beattie and Rory Lawson an opportunity to start a Six Nations match in order for us to learn a bit more about them," said Scotland Head Coach Frank Hadden.

"We are confident in their ability and they get this chance to prove they are capable of starting a game of this importance.

"In pairing Rob Dewey with Andrew Henderson in the centre and also in selecting Nikki Walker, whose qualities will suit the way we wish to play on Saturday, we will have a very big back division, full of pace and power."

Scotland: 15 Chris Paterson (Edinburgh Rugby, captain), 14 Sean Lamont (Northampton Saints), 13 Rob Dewey (Edinburgh Rugby), 12 Andrew Henderson (Glasgow Warriors), 11 Nikki Walker (The Ospreys), 10 Dan Parks (Glasgow Warriors), 9 Rory Lawson (Gloucester), 8 Johnnie Beattie (Glasgow Warriors), 7 Kelly Brown (Border Reivers), 6 Simon Taylor (Edinburgh Rugby), 5 Scott Murray (Edinburgh Rugby), 4 Nathan Hines (Perpignan), 3 Euan Murray (Glasgow Warriors), 2 Ross Ford (Border Reivers), 1 Gavin Kerr (Border Reivers).
    Replacements: 16 Dougie Hall (Edinburgh Rugby), 17 Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh Rugby), 18 Jim Hamilton (Leicester Tigers), 19 Allister Hogg (Edinburgh Rugby), 20 Chris Cusiter (Border Reivers), 21 Marcus Di Rollo (Edinburgh Rugby), 22 Rory Lamont (Glasgow Warriors).

@@@@/SPAN>

looks like a power oriented bash em up team to me. They may be planning to just hold on to the ball to try and frustate the french into mistakes and get the fickle french crowd on their side. Its a decent bench to bring on in the second half as well.
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Looks a decent selection to me. Certainly not picked to roll over and have their bellies tickled.

Having said that I think the French will beat them easily enough.

Comment

Working...
      X