X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor retires

<DIV =storyer>
    <H1>Trevor Brennan retires from rugby</H1>@@@@SPAN =storyDate>Tuesday, 13 March 2007 08:58@@@@/SPAN> </DIV>
    <DIV =story><?:namespace prefix = rte ns = "urn:rte-search" /><rte:>

Former Irish international forward Trevor Brennan has announced his retirement from rugby.

Brennan's decision comes ahead of next Friday's ERC disciplinary hearing where he was expected to recieve a lenghty ban after an incident in a Toulouse-Ulster game where he is alleged to have hit a supporter.

The Toulouse player had attempted to have his ERC hearing adjourned pending a civil case over the incident.
    <DIV id=story_island></DIV>

However, he was unsuccessful in this appeal and as a result has decided to bring forward his retirement date.

'I had decided at the beginning of this season that I would retire at the end of the current French Championship,' Brennan said in a statement.

'However, as a result of recent matters I've had to review that position. I had sought an adjournment of the ERC disciplinary hearing on the grounds that it interfered with my right to silence in other proceedings, but this has been refused.

'I am therefore announcing my immediate retirement from rugby. I would like to thank everybody who has helped me throughout these years,' he added. </rte:></DIV>
    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Already posted cornerboy http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/for...sp?TID=3311&am p;TPN=1
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
    X