If Ireland r Crowned 6 Nations Champions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ireland r Crowned 6 Nations Champions

In addition to their Triple Crown next weekend by blowing Italy away with a flurry of great tries.

Will you change your mind about Eddie O?

No - one swallow does not a summer make etc. This 6N is the strangest and most open for yrs - Eddie is still Eddie!
    Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindsider.
      No - one swallow does not a summer make etc. This 6N is the strangest and most open for yrs - Eddie is still Eddie!
      lol. 3 triple crowns in 4 years and six nations championship would be a fairly good return for this side though, no?

Comment

I'll be fished out of the Trevi Fountain sufferingfrom Peroni poisoning.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

I'll be fished out of the Trevi Fountain sufferingfrom Peroni poisoning.

Mmmmmmmm Peroni. I shall have a few Peoni like beverages too and then many more.

Comment

Three triple crowns is fantastic though, isn't it? I hope we win it again next year. One more hub cap and we can get ourselves a chariot to put them on.
            Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by ~Cat~
              Three triple crowns is fantastic though, isn't it? I hope we win it again next year. One more hub cap and we can get ourselves a chariot to put them on.
              That would be a mighty chariot. I think Cooder should just settle for a Reliant Robin.
              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

<div style="text-align: center;">@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;" id="phcUC3">@@@@/SPAN><capti&#111;n style="font-weight: bold;" align="top">@@@@SPAN id="phcUC3_Presentati&#111;nModeC&#111;ntrolsC&#11 1;ntainer__ctl0_lblTableer">IRB World Rankings 12/03/2007@@@@/SPAN></capti&#111;n>

<t></t></div><table id="phcUC3_Presentati&#111;nModeC&#111;ntrolsC&#11 1;ntainer__ctl0_tblRankings" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="430"><t><tr id="phcUC3_Presentati&#111;nModeC&#111;ntrolsC&#11 1;ntainer__ctl0_rowSub">
                <th id="phcUC3_Presentati&#111;nModeC&#111;ntrolsC&#11 1;ntainer__ctl0_cell_Country" colspan="1">@@@@SPAN id="phcUC3_Presentati&#111;nModeC&#111;ntrolsC&#11 1;ntainer__ctl0_lblCountry">Member Union@@@@/SPAN></th><th id="phcUC3_Presentati&#111;nModeC&#111;ntrolsC&#11 1;ntainer__ctl0_cell_Rating" colspan="1">@@@@SPAN id="phcUC3_Presentati&#111;nModeC&#111;ntrolsC&#11 1;ntainer__ctl0_lblRating">Rating points@@@@/SPAN></th>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>1. NEW ZEALAND</td><td>94.59</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>2. FRANCE</td><td>85.66</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>3. AUSTRALIA</td><td>85.55</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>4. SOUTH AFRICA</td><td>84.71</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>5. IRELAND</td><td>84.65</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>6. ENGLAND</td><td>80.61</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>7. ARGENTINA</td><td>79.61</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>8. ITALY</td><td>76.05</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>9. WALES</td><td>75.00</td>
                </tr><tr>
                <td>10. SCOTLAND</td><td>73.94</td></tr></t></table>

Beating nos. 1 and 2 would be my preference, tbh. Oh and maybe no. 7 too!

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

here's a bronze medal for wining 60% of your games[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #4a4a4a; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Its a strange one, it just shows how far Irish Rugby has come in that many people really didn’t care about the Triple Crown. To be honest if the players don’t really care then why should the fans. I have been at many a Rugby game, but the muted feeling after Saturdays win was the strangest i have every experienced. So much was expected (AGAIN) and Ireland failed to deliver, the ultimate prize was the grand slam. The T Crown is nice and the championship will be good if they win it too, but i can’t see anyone going nuts and shedding an emotional tear. Roll on the world cup.@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Pointless post. We will not score a glut of tries, and we will not win the 6N.

We may not even beat the Azzuri.

Comment

Actually I don't think it's a pointless post. Going back to the start of the tournament a lot of people were demanding the slam, others pointed to the fact that slams are tough to come by - many great teams haven't pulled it off, some great teams (and some poxy ones) have. If you look at experts opinions in the press or even here the predictions were ireland for the tournament, perhaps not the slam though. Now based on the fact that I think this team are slightly over-rated anyway I think we're only one better performance away from where I expected us to be at this stage i.e. I expected saturday's victory to be more comfortable but was not expecting much more from the Wales game and I thought we'd find it tough to beat the French. My opinion on Eddie is that he a conservative b*stard but overall he's not the worst. Dermot I don't see why we can't score four or five tries at the weekend and if we do pull it off, well then I think Eddie deserves a solid 6.5/10 for 6Nations 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_langer1977
                          @@@@SPAN style="font-size: 8.5pt; color: rgb(74, 74, 74); font-family: Verdana;">Its a strange one, it just shows how far Irish Rugby has come in that many people really didn’t care about the Triple Crown. To be honest if the players don’t really care then why should the fans. I have been at many a Rugby game, but the muted feeling after Saturdays win was the strangest i have every experienced. So much was expected (AGAIN) and Ireland failed to deliver, the ultimate prize was the grand slam. The T Crown is nice and the championship will be good if they win it too, but i can’t see anyone going nuts and shedding an emotional tear. Roll on the world cup.@@@@/SPAN>
                          I think we want to see the team moving forward.

We've hit a 'glass ceiling' that we can't break through. Worse, we've taken a massive step backwards vs France, going from 3 wins in 4 years to 5 straight defeats. We still haven't won a championship. We still can't win in the SH. We still haven't made it past the World Cup quarters.

When we do - don't call me. I'll be doing my 'Balla Boy' impression, lying happily face down in a street somewhere.. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                          Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
                          "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

There's a table somewhere of all the 6N results since it became the 6N, Ireland are 2nd behind France, ahead of England &amp; Wales who both have a GS to claim, we have the consistency but not the succes to go with it, too many 2nd places.

Comment

Thats a big IF</font>
                              Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                              http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Working...
                              X