Is ROG out for nxt week?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is ROG out for nxt week?

Just discussing this at work.......as ROG was knocked out on sat,is he automatically ruled out for next week?

I was saying he isn't,as the game was over as it happened,and thus he didnt have to be subbed off(I remember Musnter taking him off injured in a game in the past,when he was clearly concussed,to avoid the automatic IRB sit-out rule)but can any1 clarify what exactly that is?
    Seas suas agus troid!

Good question.......but was he not knocked out during the game!

Comment

But he wasnt concussed was he? Anyway they say he is fine now

Comment

It would perhaps be better for him if he were out next week, after all blacking out isn't good for your health; however since the medical men appear to have given him the all-clear I doubt it will happen.

The 3-week (or is it 4? I can't remember) rule is for concussion ... I don't think O'Gara was concussed on Saturday, so I guess he's free to play.

Time And Relative Dimensions In Space

Comment

Well according to EOS he was choked so no concussion so no need to be rested. The IRB sit out rule can be got around if you have a doctor who is willing to say the player is fit.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

No, as has happened before if you're concussed you can just get a doctors note to say you're fine to play. He wasn't knocked out anyway so he'd be fine.
            Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Miten't be a bad ting if he was out give paddy wallace some much needed game time and give Rog a rest too wit o connell injured and horan doubtful we cant afford anymore injuries before d scarlets game. and look at england because they havent given youth a go a developed there squad they are where they are now. i fear for ireland when rog goes and few more we're not blooding d youngsters and testing them out so conservative eddie cop on or irish rugby is eadin for a big fall!

Comment

He'll have a Jeremy!
                Comment

Originally posted by pascanlon
                  Miten't be a bad ting if he was out give paddy wallace some much needed game time and give Rog a rest too
                  Start Wallace and sub O'Gara on at some point if necessary, best of both worlds that way. Wallace needs more exposure at International level, anyway.

Comment

I'd have no worries about giving Wallace a lash. Sadly there is more chance of Dr. Humphreys or Jackie Kyle getting a phone call. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

If Ulster wont play him at 10 why should we?

My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown
                        Sadly there is more chance of Dr. Humphreys or Jackie Kyle getting a phone call. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                        You're not wrong there. [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by sewa
                          Why should we follow Ulster's example, where they're setting themselves up for a fall when Humphreys retires and they've no-one used to playing at 10?

We need back-up to O'Gara at International level and, at the moment, Wallace would appear to be it. Therefore Wallace needs game-time at this level.

Comment

Thankyou Siobhan. I wasn't going to feed him.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                            Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                            http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by Siobhan
                              Originally posted by sewa
                              Why should we follow Ulster's example, where they're setting themselves up for a fall when Humphreys retires and they've no-one used to playing at 10?

We need back-up to O'Gara at International level and, at the moment, Wallace would appear to be it. Therefore Wallace needs game-time at this level.

When did we last win a championship? If it wasnt on I'd agree with you. This isn't a friendly. He will get a few games in Argentina.
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X