Simon Easterby to 2nd Row??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon Easterby to 2nd Row??

With Paul O'Connell out and Mick O'Driscoll out of form would it be a good idea to consider the 6 ft 3 Simon Easterby as a possible replacement 2nd row for the Italy game?

He is proven in the lineout and this would be like Corry playing for England in 2nd row where he played very well. This would also allow Neil Best to get stuck into the Italians.

Thoughts?

Perhaps not the worst idea. I can't imagine it'd help our scrum much
    though, against a team where it needs to be at its best.
    Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
    "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Don't think he's ever played there.

If you're really stuck why not consider playing a b-row player who has deputised at lock (former captain too - just like Corry - but younger.....)?

It's all the what-ifs at this stage. Make one wonder why we never considered Casey, Brennan (recent years), etc....

Comment

Willie Joe Padden to centre half forward?[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually Dermot, you may have a point.

I actually saw a certain Corkman try to hurl yeaterday (built like a prop, only a tad slower than Marcus). Wore the #14 shirt yesterday against a winning Decies side. Would he be interested if Marcus doesn't return in time for the Stradey game?

Comment

Wasn't Big Pete O'Donovan by any chance? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The difference is, that Corry is familiar with the 2nd row position as he's played there for Tigers a few times. I don't ever recall hearing of Easterby play 2nd row.
              <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
              http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
              </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by mike11

Actually Dermot, you may have a point.

I actually saw a certain Corkman try to hurl yeaterday (built like a prop, only a tad slower than Marcus). Wore the #14 shirt yesterday against a winning Decies side. Would he be interested if Marcus doesn't return in time for the Stradey game?

had he a sliotar down his togs?
                Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Ó Súileabháin Dermot (think he got a brace of points also).

Yep, Corry has played lock when needed by Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Hit
                    With Paul O'Connell out and Mick O'Driscoll out of
                    form would it be a good idea to consider the 6 ft 3 Simon Easterby as
                    a possible replacement 2nd row for the Italy game?

He is proven in the lineout and this would be like Corry playing for
                    England in 2nd row where he played very well. This would also allow
                    Neil Best to get stuck into the Italians.

Thoughts?
                    Perish the thought, but I think Leo Cullen might be a better option at
                    second row than Easterby. He's certainly got a bit of aggression
                    about him (slight understatement) which will be needed against the
                    Italians.

Comment

Leo was crap yet again for the Tigers yesterday. People should start watching the GP.
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                      X