Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well..what have we learned from this 6N?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well..what have we learned from this 6N?

When you take the Croke Park factor out of the championship it has been been very dissapointing and quite ordinary if we are all honest.

I think it has confirmed we are no way good enough to challenge NZ. While the gap has closed between France and ourselves its still going to be very very very difficult especially in Paris.

In terms of players and who could step in during the WC itself I think we have learned absolutely nothing whatsoever. I know some people may squawk in disgust and loathing but surely to God after we were beaten by France more experimentation should have been done - Trimble, N Best, Flannery, possibly even Heaslip with Leamy at 6.... Its all a moot point as it is never ever ever going to happen under the current coach.

We'll have another full strength team out next week for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Does anyone actually really care if we scrape home to the Championship if we churn out another dreary performance next week? (depending on a French slip up of course). Is it fair to say that this team is stifled by EOS?

Its actually quite depressing. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img][img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Eddie still only plays a 17man game. With Boss injured why put Reddan on the bench, sure he could have stayed training with Wasps, never gonna be allowed near the pitch. Same goes for Young, Wallace, MOD and Trimble.
    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

I think you are right. Its absolutely exasperating though. Someone said he only uses subs according to a stop watch and not what is actually going on during the game. Its really really irritating. I like Easterby but I think Best has been very hard done by. He deserves a starting place next week. If he doesnt get it, EOS has confirmed to me that he's a coward.

Also, he must not rate Reddan in the slightest if Stringer not playing to his best was allowed remain on the pitch. Same can be said for Shane Horgan. Trimble has made some excellent cameo appearances this season and deserves more. He's being messed around if you ask me.

I sat throug the Scot v Ireland game again this morning and it was actually got worse!!!

Comment

Watched the Ireland v Scotland game from 2000 on ESPN classic yesterday lunchtime. What a game. Stringer, 1st cap i think, was fantastic. After his performances over the past few seasons its obvious he's gone backwards at a rate of knots. He doesn't need to worry though, he's in Eddie's select group along with Easterby, ROG, Horgan and Dempsey who can do nothing wrong.[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I watched that myself Jackie, it was shocking what a naive team we were back then! You wouldn't win playing like that at all these days!
          Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Played good rugby against an experienced Scottish team all the same.

Comment

Now he has every excuse to give the same XVII the field again next week. We are going for the championship. The lucky bugger may even win it. Probably the absolute worst result for our world cup hopes. See what happened England when they were forced to give a few young lads their head? Same as happened us against Scotland back in the game in 2000.

I have to say I had never been impressed with Geraghty before as I had only seen him in bits and pieces. That changed today. At least now he'll get his chance unlike if he had opted for Ireland. Wouldn't it be ironic if England won the championship with a thumping victory over Wales though?

Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Indeed...England winning is a dreadful result for our World Cup squad. Stay tuned for a nervy, scrappy slogfest next week in Rome with the Flannery coming on after 72 and Best on for the last 3 minutes. Depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                  Indeed...England winning is a dreadful result for our World Cup squad. Stay tuned for a nervy, scrappy slogfest next week in Rome with the Flannery coming on after 72 and Best on for the last 3 minutes. Depressing.

Not to mention(try scorer today) Geordan Murphy watching the game inthe Rec clubhouse after Tigers have beaten Bath.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Who would Mad Murph replace OD?

Comment

What a crisis, a Championship on the cards, never when watching us lose continually for the majority of my life (born in 83) did I ever think it would get this bad.
                      Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

best result for our 6N hopes butI agree that this was probably the worst result in terms of our RWC preparation.

Same starting 15 next week, Flannery on for R Best on 60 mins. and maybeone or to token subs on 70 minutes.[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Gonna be left feeling that we haven't built for the World Cup at all. Which should have been the main aim.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown
                            Who would Mad Murph replace OD?

Any one of Dempsey, Trimble or Wallace.
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Dempsey, solid defender, adds confidence to the rest of the team through this.
                              Trimble, One of our best backs, has performed when given the chance.
                              Wallace, needs game time, should have been given more this six nations, can play centre of flyhalf.
                              Murphy, flash in attack, has been known to go missing in defence, hasn't performed for Ireland in years.

Don't see any reason why Murphy should replace any of them. He's has plenty of chances.

Comment

Working...
                              X