Italy beat Wales in controversial ending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy beat Wales in controversial ending

Awesome game, but wtf happened with the penalty at the end? I thought you couldn't end a game on an attackingset piece?My knowledge of the rules in that regardis a bit fuzzy though...

Italy were definitely worth the win though

White looked at his watch as ref, and said there were 10 seconds left on clock

Hook went for lineout

THEN White checked with TMO how long left and TMO said it was all over,

Cue final whistle and Alfie's hissy fit

Comment

Originally posted by Snamh
      Awesome game, but wtf happened with the penalty at the end? I thought you couldn't end a game on an attackingset piece?

Dont worry somebody is looking up the rule book right now and will let us know. Im not sure they asked him was there time to take the lineout.
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by The Dave

White looked at his watch as ref, and said there were 10 seconds left on clock

Hook went for lineout

THEN White checked with TMO how long left and TMO said it was all over,

Cue final whistle and Alfie's hissy fit

I heard that, could hear TMO saying it was all over before the lineout formed - does the clock tick from the moment he kicked the ball? Wales took their time forming the lineout

Comment

Whether you can or can't finish the game on an attacking set piece Snamh - well done to Italy - full value for the win - and good for the game in general.

Sounded like the ref said that there was 10 secs left and enough for a lineout but then the TMO ( & timekeeper too ?) came on over the earpiece and told him that time was up.

Was the ref not able to over rule the TMO ?

Comment

Irealnd will struggle to beat Italy i fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_caster
              Whether you can or can't finish the game on an attacking set piece Snamh - well done to Italy - full value for the win - and good for the game in general.

Sounded like the ref said that there was 10 secs left and enough for a lineout but then the TMO ( & timekeeper too ?) came on over the earpiece and told him that time was up.

Was the ref not able to over rule the TMO ?

Again tyhey asked the time and were told ten secs but i think they didnt ask about the lineout. And yes the ref could overrule the TMO, IMO
              Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Pearson was pi$$ poor too imo, that's what the Guiness Premier produces I suppose

Comment

you cant finish on a penalty. it used to be that you could not finish on a line out from a penalty either but that is no longer the case

that was badly managed by the ref
                  "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger

you cant finish on a penalty. it used to be that you could not finish on a line out from a penalty either but that is no longer the case

Agreed badly managed. He should have told them no time for lineout. Were wales right to pass up the draw?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger

That's the rule I was thinking of, when did that change?

Raises an interesting rule as to how much babysitting a ref can do in giving advice; should he have said "There are ten second left, so not enough for the lineout, so I advise you to tap or to go for the draw"?

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Agreed badly managed. He should have told them no time for lineout. Were wales right to pass up the draw? [/QUOTE]

Ask their Coach now - bet he'll tell ya the answer ! [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm off over to gwlad[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                            i'm off over to gwlad[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Im already there [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

You can finish on an attacking set piece, once the ball goes dead its over.

Comment

Once the ball go's dead,you can finish with any type of play.....

White clearly told them they had time for a lineout....to be fair,Italy have been screwed by refs for years, so good to see smth go their way.....
                              Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Working...
                              X