Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland 19 - 18 Scotland. That was awful.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland 19 - 18 Scotland. That was awful.

Very dissapointed. POC was pretty much the only player who brought his game from last week, he was immense. Backs did what they could but too many silly mistakes and dropped balls and forward passes from them too. At least the general defense was decent, but they handed us every point we scored. I don't think we could have complained if Scotland had have won.

Originally posted by danthefan
    Very dissapointed. POC was pretty much the only player who brought his game from last week, he was immense. Backs did what they could but too many silly mistakes and dropped balls and forward passes from them too. At least the general defense was decent, but they handed us every point we scored. I don't think we could have complained if Scotland had have won.

Agree but we equally gifted Scotland their 18 points - not too often do we give away so many kickable penalties. This team needs to wake up if they want to be serious contenders for the WC, poor performances like this against the Argies or the French will see us coming home early in the autumn.

Comment

Dreadful game. How Hickie was awarded motm escapes me. POC was clearly the best player on the pitch. But that's not saying much, considering how poor everybody else was.
      <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
      http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
      </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Hickie seemed to get MotM due to that try save (which was superb to be fair), which the commentator said stood out because it was virtually the only one of the game. I would also say POC was easily the best player on the pitch.

Comment

didnt think it was possible for us to play so bad [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Thought we were well matched by the Scots. [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

They kept our midfield undercontrol with numbers - their backrow adding to the rush defence around 12 and 13. Ireland should have matched their backrow in midfield to cancel it or else kick for corners and play them in their 22. Deccie needs to sort out ROG's kicking from hand for HC.

Leamy was our best forward - seemed to make twice as much ground as any other forward on the pitch with his pick and drive. Hickie was the best of the backs, great try saving tackle and turnover in the first half, that rule about touching the corner flag,without actuallymaking any contactwith touchis bollix. Youshouldn't bein touch until some part of ya makes contact with the ground, like is the case with the other 100m of the touchline.

If we play like that againt the Argies were fecked.
            they call it \'passion\', we call it pride

Comment

lads like they say, to play so badly and win is the sign of a good team. Moving swiftly on.........and thanks be to god I drank my way through me bottle of champagne. At least I'm happy.....

Comment

Originally posted by vicker

Thought we were well matched by the Scots. [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

They kept our midfield undercontrol with numbers - their backrow adding to the rush defence around 12 and 13. Ireland should have matched their backrow in midfield to cancel it or else kick for corners and play them in their 22. Deccie needs to sort out ROG's kicking from hand for HC.

Leamy was our best forward - seemed to make twice as much ground as any other forward on the pitch with his pick and drive. Hickie was the best of the backs, great try saving tackle and turnover in the first half, that rule about touching the corner flag,without actuallymaking any contactwith touchis bollix. Youshouldn't bein touch until some part of ya makes contact with the ground, like is the case with the other 100m of the touchline.

If we play like that againt the Argies were fecked.

Agree completely with you about ROG. His touch-kicking in all 6N matches has been very poor and most unforgiveable of all he again today failed to find touch with a penalty. We can certainly do without that on the 30th. Of course other aspects of his game are top class just please Ronan stop always going for the big one which can be pretty useless anyway as the opposition will only throw it to themselves and come back.

I agree about Leamy as well.Tremendous player but just one small favour I'd ask of him. Please,Denis,when you'rereceiving a kickoff or other ball coming at you,catch it in to your chest rather than with hands out. To be fair you always catch it and it's not a major event at all but it's just that it would help keep my poor old heart going a little longer.
                The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

I agree about Leamy as well.Tremendous player but just one small favour I'd ask of him. Please,Denis,when you'rereceiving a kickoff or other ball coming at you,catch it in to your chest rather than with hands out. To be fair you always catch it

Except against Leicester and France.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

As they say: To take the positives from it

OConnell, OCallaghan and Leamey were good. Great save Hickey, and Eddie spoke very well after the game.
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

I was too pissed off to watch the aftermath, what did EOS say? Usual s**t load of cliches?

Comment

Some cliches and some sh**te in response to Treacys incisive questioning.
                        Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Ok it was poor, I for one didn't enjoy watching it. That said, we won, we'll take it and move on. Thought POC and Leamy were good, though Horgan had a shocker &amp; Marcus was missed as S.Best was a bit anonymous.

These lads were heroes against England, not a great day at the office to be sure, but we'll improve

Con Artist

Comment

EOS on bbc - "Chris Patterson is the best goal kicker in the world" [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

EOS cop the f**k on..you need to get your act together..only 1 good performance out of 4 games..nothing but a poor six nations campaign

To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
                              Hickie seemed to get MotM due to that try save @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">(which was superb to be fair)@@@@/SPAN>, which the commentator said stood out because it was virtually the only one of the game. I would also say POC was easily the best player on the pitch.
                              Certainly was.

Their 2 best attacks came from kick returns after hopelessly placed lumps into the sky by Mssrs. Dempsey and Horgan [img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X