Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reddan better than Stringer?

COULD REDDAN ECLIPSE STRINGER/BOSS?

I've been a fan of Reddan since I had first hand experience of him in Crescent. His big brother Diarmuid is easily the best scrum half I have ever played against, and looking back now, was probably much underrated like a number of Crescent players at the time.

My feeling is that I won't be surprised if Reddan has become the No. 1 ireland scrumhalf in six months time. Why? because i've felt, since he played for and left munster, that he really does have it all. I haven't seen a scrum half pose such an attacking threat around the fringe and I would rate him above Boss in this area (without even mentioning that he's a good deal more IRISH than Boss). Fair dues to Boss, but I feel that if Reddan gets some game time tomorrow, he could open a few eyes.

Anyone share my feelings? Or has anyone seen much of him playing for wasps?

I read some high praise for him penned by sir matt dawson this week.

Best of luck either way to Eoin

When he came back from Connacht I was one who felt he could challenge Stringer for both #9 slots. I think it's a tough call but considering relative ages he might succeed Stringer. Unless EOS goes and someone other than Kidney/Gaffney comes in though I can't see anyone taking Stringer's place for 2-3 years.

Comment

MaybeReddan could start playing better for Wasps and start finding Alex King more consistently with chest high passes rather than stuff he has to pluck fom above his head or behine him.

Reddan has not impressed thisvieweras yet.

Comment

I suspect if he was English he'd have been 1st choice for them by now. But that's more of a comment on their options than ours.

Comment

Stuff like that try he scored for Wasps at the weekend was excellent, would add a new dimension to Ireland's SH play. I don't know enough about him though to be honest to really say if he's better than Stringer.

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
            Stuff like that try he scored for Wasps at the weekend was excellent, would add a new dimension to Ireland's SH play. I don't know enough about him though to be honest to really say if he's better than Stringer.

Change the record, Dan.

Comment

Or how about you stop being so f**king precious?

Comment

Or how about you stop being so f**king precious?

[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img], I am not being precious, just bored with your blatant wumming.

Comment

Saying I don't know if Reddan is better than Stringer is wumming? And Stringer wouldn't be able to score the try Reddan scored at the weekend. Am I not right?

Comment

Saying I don't know if Reddan is better than Stringer is wumming? And Stringer wouldn't be able to score the try Reddan scored at the weekend. Am I not right?

he scored a great one in the HC final [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]. Plus he is possibly the best passer of a ball in world rugby at this moment. I couldn't care less if he never broke, as long as that ball gets out the line to your much vaunted backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Point

he scored a great one in the HC final [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]. Plus @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">he is possibly the best passer of a ball in world rugby at this moment@@@@/SPAN>. I couldn't care less if he never broke, as long as that ball gets out the line to your much vaunted backs.
                      Tell that to Gordon D'Arcy. And I couldn't really care less about the HEC final, no idea what made you bring that up. Anyway I'm not really bothered to give you the argument you seem to want.

Comment

he scored a great one in the HC final [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]. Plus @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">he is possibly the best passer of a ball in world rugby at this moment@@@@/SPAN>. I couldn't care less if he never broke, as long as that ball gets out the line to your much vaunted backs.

Tell that to Gordon D'Arcy. And I couldn't really care less about the HEC final, no idea what made you bring that up. Anyway I'm not really bothered to give you the argument you seem to want.

I'm only trying to help you over the bitterness, Dan [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Get over yourself Point. Reddan has every chance to be better than Stringer. Cause Stringer ain't anything special.
                          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown
                            Get over yourself Point. Reddan has every chance to be better than Stringer. Cause Stringer ain't anything special.

I've tried, Jackie, it's just no use..... [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

he scored a great one in the HC final [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]. Plus @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">he is possibly the best passer of a ball in world rugby at this moment@@@@/SPAN>. I couldn't care less if he never broke, as long as that ball gets out the line to your much vaunted backs.

I'm only trying to help you over the bitterness, Dan [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                              So it's actually you who's wumming? Some people...

Comment

Working...
                              X