SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

RTE Radio (5:30) bulletin said Marcus had "pulled up with a suspect / possible muscle problem", did not say he was out but Young (Todgers) called in as back-up.

Comment

on newstalk too

Simon best is his replacement

To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Comment

<!-
        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
        var SymReal;

Sym()
        {
        window.open = SymWinOpen;
        if(SymReal != null)
        SymReal();
        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
        {
        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
        SymReal = window.;
        window. = Sym;
        }

//->

<DIV =storyer>
        <H1>http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0309/osullivan.html</H1>
        <H1>Horan out of Ireland team</H1>@@@@SPAN =storyDate>Friday, 9 March 2007 18:03@@@@/SPAN> </DIV>
        <DIV =story><rte:>

Marcus Horan has been taken out of the Ireland team to play Scotland in the RBS 6 Nations Championship due to a calf strain picked up during the Ireland team 'Captain's run' this morning.

Having looked at the injury late this afternoon, the Ireland medical team have ruled him out of tomorrow's game. Horan will be reassessed after the weekend to ascertain if he will be fit to face Italy.

Simon Best will move off the bench andintoloosehead prop for his first 6 Nations Championship start, while fellow Ulster prop Bryan Young will take his place on the bench.
        <DIV id=story_island></DIV>

Denis Hickie came through this morning's session untroubled by a back spasm suffered yesterday. He will be monitored by the Ireland medical team over the next 24 hours with Geordan Murphy set to remain with the squad as a precaution</rte:></DIV>
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

Just confirmed ........ahhh s**te.

Comment

young should start
            To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Comment

Best of luck Best. Boom tish

Comment

Young should not start, he had an absolute shocker in the A game and Best is the benching prop as it is.
                Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                Munster: Early Season
                Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior
                  <!-
                  var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                  var SymReal;

Sym()
                  {
                  if(SymReal != null)
                  SymReal();
                  }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                  {
                  SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                  SymReal = window.;
                  window. = Sym;
                  }

//->
                  <DIV ="storyer">
                  <H1>http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0309/osullivan.html</H1>
                  <H1>Horan out of Ireland team</H1>@@@@SPAN ="storyDate">Friday, 9 March 2007 18:03@@@@/SPAN> </DIV>
                  <DIV ="story"><RTE:>

Marcus Horan has been taken out of the Ireland team to play Scotland in the RBS 6 Nations Championship due to a calf strain picked up during the Ireland team 'Captain's run' this morning.

Having looked at the injury late this afternoon, the Ireland medical team have ruled him out of tomorrow's game. Horan will be reassessed after the weekend to ascertain if he will be fit to face Italy.

Simon Best will move off the bench andintoloosehead prop for his first 6 Nations Championship start, while fellow Ulster prop Bryan Young will take his place on the bench.
                  <DIV id=story_island></DIV>

Denis Hickie came through this morning's session untroubled by a back spasm suffered yesterday. He will be monitored by the Ireland medical team over the next 24 hours with Geordan Murphy set to remain with the squad as a precaution</RTE:></DIV>

Anyone know if this is a precaution or has a suffered another calf injury? Hope it's a precaution.

Comment

tweaked his calf. Hopefully just ensuring that no long term damage ensures.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

That's worrying, for aplayer to have calf injuries on both legs in such a short time is a concern. Has he been allowed to fully recover from previous ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer
                        That's worrying, for aplayer to have calf injuries on both legs in such a short time is a concern. Has he been allowed to fully recover from previous ones?

Seems to be a bit of a trend. Puppy is very unlucky (is this the second or third episode?)and Axel had a tear after about 5 minutes of the Tigers game. I suppose the Fitness staff have reviewed their warmup regime? Maybe we should get those bikes from Twickenham. I still laugh at the image of Dallaglio pedalling merrily away. I can't remember seeing them at recent games though.
                        "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

I had a calf injury last year and it went again 3 times when I thought it was fully healed and hadn't had an issue for a while. I've seen others say they had the same things. They're buggers to get rid of and the player must need to be brought back carefully.

The bikes were a great idea and still are. They were especially good for the sin bin players - kept them warm and up to a pace for when they came back on. I'm surprised we don't actually see it more often.

Comment

I had a calf injury last year and it went again 3 times when I thought it was fully healed and hadn't had an issue for a while. I've seen others say they had the same things. They're buggers to get rid of and the player must need to be brought back carefully.

The bikes were a great idea and still are. They were especially good for the sin bin players - kept them warm and up to a pace for when they came back on. I'm surprised we don't actually see it more often.

<!-
                            var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                            var SymReal;

Sym()
                            {
                            if(SymReal != null)
                            SymReal();
                            }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                            {
                            SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                            SymReal = window.;
                            window. = Sym;
                            }

//->

Calf injuries can be fixed but sometimes this can be difficult. (Believe me - I know). With the back-up available to Horan I'd be surprised if there was an underlying problems that hasn't been spotted and it may be that he is just unlucky.

As for the bikes, wasn't there a member of the Irish physio team who said that using them to stay warm was a bad idea because it tightens up the quads or hamstrings? Apparently he warned the Irish players at Twickenham last year not to go near them.

Comment

[QUOTE=blackwarrior]

<!-
                              var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                              var SymReal;

Sym()
                              {
                              if(SymReal != null)
                              SymReal();
                              }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                              {
                              SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                              SymReal = window.;
                              window. = Sym;
                              }

//->

Calf injuries can be fixed but sometimes this can be difficult. (Believe me - I know). With the back-up available to Horan I'd be surprised if there was an underlying problems that hasn't been spotted and it may be that he is just unlucky.

As for the bikes, wasn't there a member of the Irish physio team who said that using them to stay warm was a bad idea because it tightens up the quads or hamstrings? Apparently he warned the Irish players at Twickenham last year not to go near them.

Mike McGurn said that in The Times the week after we beat England. it shortens the hamstring muscles and he warned them away from them at the game.

I`ve had calf injuries for the last two years which the physio reckons is related to a problem in my lower back.

Comment

Working...
                              X