X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marcus latest injury worry

Horan emerges as injury worry for Triple Crown clash

13:37 Friday March 9th 2007

Ireland prop Marcus Horan has emerged as a major injury worry for tomorrow's Triple Crown clash against Scotland.
    Horan has a slight calf strain and will be replaced by Simon Best if he is not fit for the Murrayfield encounter.

Ulster's Bryan Young has been called up as cover.

Denis Hickie, meanwhile, resumed light training in Edinburgh today after withdrawing from yesterday's session with a muscle spasm in his back.

A final decision on his fitness will be made tomorrow morning.

Geordan Murphy was called up to the squad last night as precautionary cover.

However, should Hickie fail to regain full fitness, his place in the team will be taken by Ulster's Andrew Trimble, with Murphy starting on the bench.

Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

So much for central contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
      So much for central contracts.

?
      The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
      - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

<DIV>If it's a calf strain he can not be allowed to play. they've been the source of problems for him since last season and he can't be risked, otherwise he could face another lengthy layoff.</DIV>
        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

if theres any doubt he should not be risked at this time of year plus its not harm giving best a run out
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Agree any sign of a strain should mean he's rested.
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Pity Hurley isn't in there as going on form he probably is the 2nd best
              LH prop available to us. Playing against a scottish front row is about
              the softest introduction to INTL rugby as you can get against a top 10
              team. I suppose S. best hasn't had a chance to show what he can do so
              probably deserves his chance. To my mind, this game (now that chance of
              championship is gone) is far far less impt than our qtr v Scarlets
              &amp; there is no way Horan should be risked.
              Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mcork
                Pity Hurley isn't in there as going on form he probably is the 2nd best LH prop available to us. Playing against a scottish front row is about the softest introduction to INTL rugby as you can get against a top 10 team. I suppose S. best hasn't had a chance to show what he can do so probably deserves his chance. To my mind, this game (now that chance of championship is gone) is far far less impt than our qtr v Scarlets &amp; there is no way Horan should be risked.

My god I will be so happy if France lose either of their last 2 games. Some people seem to give up awful easy on this site. I'm glad you are not the Irish Coach MCork.
                The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

That boy has some gammy calf muscles

Comment

Just wondering if maybe Young should step in rather than Best. Young is an out and out TH after all. I'm not that keen on props switching sides unless it's absolutely necessary.

Any of our friends from the north around to comment on Best's ability as a LH?

At this rate Hurley could end up starting for us against the Scarlets. I'd be ok with that and it would be more great experience for him. Could even edge him closer to the squad for Argentina...

Comment

Originally posted by Sandwiches
                      That boy has some gammy calf muscles
                      Once damaged once, very hard to avoid re-offending I believe, especially if constantly straining the muscles to close to their natural limits.

Comment

Working...
                      X