player of the six nations.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

player of the six nations.

i my opinion David Wallace is without a doubt the best player of this years six nations even with 2 games to go.

Without doubt, Wallace has been outstanding....however there is only 60% of the tournament complete and nothing won yet!

Comment

Wow....when I was clicking on this tab, I was thinking Wally myself....but yea, a long way to go yet.......
      Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Wallace, Chabal, Darce, Bull.

If POC plays the last two games like he did against England he'd be there or thereabouts as well.

I'd agree on Wallace as the stand out though - I think you could legitimately compare him to McCaw on current form. Very different players, but there are things that Wallace does far better than McCaw.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

<!-
          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
          var SymReal;

Sym()
          {
          window.open = SymWinOpen;
          if(SymReal != null)
          SymReal();
          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
          {
          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
          SymReal = window.;
          window. = Sym;
          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->Whatever the outcome, Wallace's is afantastic story considering he couldn't get on the Munster team a few years ago, over a year after returning from injury.

All this rubbish about him not being a "traditional openside". Have his critics considered that more no. 7s should look to the way Wallace has changed the role, instead of conforming to it?

<!-
          var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
          var SymReal;

Sym()
          {
          window.open = SymWinOpen;
          if(SymReal != null)
          SymReal();
          }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
          {
          if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
          SymReal&#079;nLoad();
          window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
          SymReal = window.;
          window. = Sym;
          }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
          window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Wallace has been great and would well deserve it.

I'd throw ROG into the mix as well. He had ashaky first 30 minutes against Wales but since then he's been excellent. Making breaks,scoring tries, tackling aggressively...all the things he used to be criticised for not doing and of course his place kicking has been as good as ever.

POC's been too inconsistent to get it.

Horan and the Bull have both been very good in every game so far. Solid in the scrums (even dominating on occassion![img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]) while still doing their usual stuff around the field. Props never get these kind of accolades though.

Troncon has been brilliant in the games he's played.He has great presence. I'd love to seehim get it if none of our lads do.

Comment

There is no player of the tournament yet. Some players have put their hand up, but it's pointless to say who is the player of the tournament right now. If Wallace puts in 2 more big performances I don't think anyone could argue if he won it, but that's a big if.

Comment

There has beennine games Dan. Granted you probably haven't seen any of them [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

<DIV>
                  Originally posted by danthefan
                  If Wallace puts in 2 more big performances I don't think anyone could argue if he won it, but that's a big if.
                  </DIV>
                  <DIV></DIV>
                  <DIV>Why is it?</DIV>
                  <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                  http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                  </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Icant see even with 2 games to play that Wally wont do like he has being doing all year.

Ithink he may even go up a gear tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Chris Cussiter for me - by a country mile.

Second best would be Alex Troncon.
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Cussiter is a shadow of his former self. Pacy breaking game has disappeared. Not even in the best three in his position.
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

wallace has been fantastic. He must be one of the fittest players in world rugby at the moment. he seems to get to everything first and looks totally calm and composed right to the final whistle. Even took some line out ball last week.

Rugby world had HEC stats for last year a few months back and his tackle count and work rate were incredible
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Chris Cussiter for me - by a country mile.
                            [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                            Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
                            "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

I love watching that clip of Farrell being turned over in the last game. Moore made note that two of Ireland's backrow (Wallace and Leamy) were at the breakdown before any of England's, but if I'm not mistaken it was Easterby who made the tackle so all three were there![img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

One of the best backrows we've ever had? And with the option of Best as well..

Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
                              "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Working...
                              X