Connachts last Ireland Representative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connachts last Ireland Representative

Not sure if this should be here or in the other teams forum but here it goes.

Hopefully someone can help me out here. Is Eric Elwood the last player to play for Ireland in a competative match while representing Connacht. (Vs Puma's in Lens 1999).

Can't think of anyone since.
    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Are you including A sides in that question?
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

full internationals and not AI's or friendlies either.

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

McHugh against one of the Pacific nationsin 2003 I think. Scored a try as well.

Not sure what you mean by friendlies, but if its only 5/6N or WC then I think Elwood was on the bench against England in 2000 but didn't get on, possibly Mostyn.So before that it would perhaps be Elwood, McGuinness or Mostyn (can't remember when he left Wales for Connacht)

Comment

Jackman on the Japan tour

Comment

I was going with 5/6 nations or World Cup as the AI's and Summer Tourscan sometimes be used as A tours (although not with Eddie).

Comment

Eric Elwood didn't play against Argentina in Lens. His last game for Ireland was the previous one in the 1999 World Cup against Romania.

Matt Mostyn played against Argentina inLens as a Connachtplayer.

Comment

Working...
              X