• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland Unchanged

Ireland Team Announcement
    No Change To Starting XV
    www.IrishRugby.ie

Ireland Coach Eddie O’Sullivan has stuck with a winning formula and named the starting XV that beat England on their last outing in the RBS 6 Nations Championship for the trip to Murrayfield to play Scotland.

The only change to the match 22 is the inclusion of Eoin Reddan, who is named as the replacement scrumhalf following the unavailability of Isaac Boss due to a shoulder injury.

The team will be captained by Brian O’Driscoll for the 36<SUP>th</SUP> time and will therefore equal the record for captaining Ireland at international level, which is held by Keith Wood.

The Ireland team to play Scotland in the RBS 6 Nations Championship on Saturday, 10<SUP>th</SUP> March 2007 in Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh at 13.30hrs is as follows:

Player / Club / Caps
    15 - Girvan Dempsey Terenure College/Leinster 72
    14 - Shane Horgan Lansdowne/Leinster 53
    13 - Brian O’Driscoll Capt Blackrock College/Leinster 72
    12 - Gordon D’Arcy Lansdowne/Leinster 29
    11 - Denis Hickie St.Mary’s College/Leinster 56
    10 - Ronan O’Gara Cork Constitution/Munster 69
    9 - Peter Stringer Shannon/Munster 74
    1 - Marcus Horan Shannon/Munster 45
    2 - Rory Best Belfast Harlequins/Ulster 10
    3 - John Hayes Bruff/Munster 71
    4 - Donncha O’Callaghan Cork Constitution/Munster 33
    5 - Paul O’Connell Young Munster/Munster 42
    6 - Simon Easterby Llanelli 55
    7 - David Wallace Garryowen/Munster 35
    8 - Denis Leamy Cork Constitution/Munster 20

Replacements:
    16 - Jerry Flannery Shannon/Munster 12
    17 - Simon Best Belfast Harlequins/Ulster 14
    18 - Mick O’Driscoll Cork Constitution/Munster 6
    19 - Neil Best Belfast Harlequins/Ulster 9
    20 - Eoin Reddan Wasps 1
    21 - Paddy Wallace Ballymena/Ulster 3
    22 - Andrew Trimble Ballymena/Ulster 13

Not Considered due to injury:
    Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster) {shoulder}
    Malcolm O’Kelly (St.Mary’s College/Leinster) {knee}

Unsurprising. I was hoping he'd involve some fringe players.

Comment

No change for the Scotla . .

Bugger.

Comment

Pity.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Correct selection imho.

Comment

what a complete and utter spastic
            Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

I agree with Harry. Another lost opportunity to develop players but another opportunity grasped to enhance the Cooder record.
              Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

What sort of a pick'n'mix team is that?

Comment

It's probably the right decision to stick with the same XV for this game, it won't be easy and there is still a Triple Crown to be won. However i have just heard the England team on the radio and they will be smashed by France so the Italy game will be irrelevant as France won't lose to Scotland in Paris so maybe some changes can be made for Rome.

Of course there won't be any changes for Rome but then i'll disagree with Edward.

Comment

Scotland are hurting and are a threat.

Comment

agree with Carney for once - the middle of the six nations is not the time for experimentation - that should have been done on summer tours and AI's

Will be important to get the psychological upperhand on our RWC QF opponents[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                      \'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
                      Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Comment

Yes, it would be nice to top our group anf meet Scotland in QF, going to be very difficult to beat France in September conditions.

Comment

Correct decision. Hopefully team will have game wrapped up by 60 minutes and reserves can get a run. Would like to see reddan get 20 minutes as well as maybe trying out trimble at 13.
                          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Upsets happen and its quite possible that England could nick a poor match against France. Ireland need to give themeselves every opportunity of winning the championship, that means beating Scotland and hopefully battering them, giving ourselves a big points total.

Comment

I can understand he wants to win the tournament but the selection is idiotic. It is essential to look at the big picture here and realise that the fringe players must get some good game time prior to the World Cup in a serious tournament. Don't try to tell me the time to make the changes and see how they do will be against Namibia and Georgia in the pool stages. A number of players are deserving of a chance to make an impression and make a start in this match, not in the final 15 minutes when the game is won. Stop kidding me about Scotland causing an upset, they are rubbish and we all know it. If we are where we think we are in the international game then we shouldn't have problem beating them, they deserve to be beaten by us. It's time to throw caution to the wind but the utter fear of failure once again negates his selection, five bloody years into the job. It is a lost chance to see what we are capable of across the squad.

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X