Marconnet out for rest of 6N

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marconnet out for rest of 6N

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

France prop Sylvain Marconnet has been ruled out of the rest of the Six Nations after suffering a serious injury while on a skiing holiday.

<!- Hide from old browsers
    now = new Date();
    random = now.getTime();

// Modify to reflect site specifics

site = "http://ads.eircom.net";
    target = "/site=eircom/area=news/aamsz=250x250/pos=14";

.write('< SRC="' + site + '/h/acc_random=' + random + target + '"');
    .write(' NORESIZE SCROLLING=NO =0 =0 BORDER=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=250 align=left>');
    document.write('<SCR');
    .write('IPT SRC="' + site + '/jn/acc_random=' + random + target + '">');
    document.write('</SCR');
    .write('IPT>');
    document.write('</>');
    // End Hide ->

<NO></NO>

The Stade Francais front-row forward, who has 71 caps for Les Bleus, sustained a double fracture of the shinbone and fibula and could be out for around four months.

He will be replaced by Pieter De Villiers in France's 22-man squad to take on England in the Six Nations at Twickenham next Sunday@@@@/SPAN>

Tough luck on Stade Francais Paris - they're missing these three boyos for the HEC game at Leicester:-

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Thought I'd read that Marconnet was now a doubt for the world cup now as well?
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

They're imposters Madra.... you could be seen in public houses wearing that jersey.

Comment

I cant believe he'd even be allowed go skiiing during the middle of the 6 nations !
          Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass
            I cant believe he'd even be allowed go skiiing during the middle of the 6 nations !

My thoughts exactly. It would like eating a big feed of shell fish in the run up to an important game....

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass

Weren't the Munster players also banned from skiing, it came up during the buildup to the game in Geneva?

Apparently he has a double fracture of his Tibia according to the BBC...can't see him making the RWC

Comment

Working...
              X