No announcement yet.

THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED NOW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, Leinster on the Friday were announced less than a month in advance too, not to different a situation, the moaning was ridiculous.

I'd have thought it's fairly clear why you can't have 3 games at 3 on a Saturday, and there never seems to be evening games in the 6N apart from in France. The 6N generate huge viewing figures and if people won't watch in the evening they're not going to have games at that time. People at home have a right to watch the game just as much as people going to it. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with 3 games on the Saturday, but like I said the competition isn't timetabled around you.

Comment

The 6N is scheduled around the viewing requirements of British and French TV, there the ones with the big numbers and the big money. The scheduled will be developed around maximising viewing numbers and avoiding clashes with other high profile transmissions. The fan going to the match will have to fall in with this whether it suits or not.
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
        First of all, Leinster on the Friday were announced less than a month in advance too, not to different a situation, the moaning was ridiculous. can you clarify, please?

I'd have thought it's fairly clear why you can't have 3 games at 3 on a Saturday, and there never seems to be evening games in the 6N apart from in France. Eng v Scot 2005 to name oneThe 6N generate huge viewing figures and if people won't watch in the evening they're not going to have games at that time. People at home have a right to watch the game just as much as people going to it. If you show it, they will watch. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with 3 games on the Saturday, but like I said the competition isn't timetabled around you. At the moment, It's timetabled exclusively to cater for TV. There are more "stakeholders", however. The fans, obviously need to be catered for but what about the hotels, bars, restaurants and other businesses that are involved? None of these like Sunday games and they would like Friday games even less.

Comment

Working...
        X