No announcement yet.

THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 1.30 kick offs can be a bit of a none event as well sometimes, 2.30, 5 and 7.30 seems fine to me, sure most big cities have 24 hour nightlife now anyway.

Sunday games are dreadful, the only decent thing about them is being able to watch them with your feet up in the comfort of your own home on a Sunday afternoon but it's hardly memorable.

Comment

If the players say they'd prefer to play on a Friday, what right do we have to try and stop them? The 6N is about them.

Comment

At least on a Sunday you have some chance of getting a flight home without taking a day off work. Friday night, forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano

At least on a Sunday you have some chance of getting a flight home without taking a day off work. Friday night, forget about it.

If you are going for a Friday night match you will most likely have the day off on Friday so you could take a Thursday night plane ?

Comment

100% against this.

It'll probably mean we'll have Friday AND Sunday games (and knowing our bloody luck, it'll probably be a Friday game after a Sunday game). It either means taking a Friday (and possibly, some of Thursday) off,or else not having the night out before the game which (to me) is part and parcel of away rugby weekends.

Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
            "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
              If the players say they'd prefer to play on a Friday, what right do we have to try and stop them? The 6N is about them.

Completely and utterly disagree with you there Dan. The 6 nations is not about the players, it is about the fans, about going to the pub/club/putting-your-feet-up-in-front-of-the-telly to watch the match with friends, occasionally heading away to another city for a great weekend.

Essentially the players are paid entertainers, we want a tournament that allows them enough rest to showcase their skills, but really we are the ones who need to be catered to.

Comment

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!
                \'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
                Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Comment

Originally posted by Hoof Hearted

French TV dictated the 9.00 kick-off in Paris.

With so much praise and back-slapping from the TV companies about "Super-Saturday" you would think that was the way to go. tbh, I hate the Sunday games not least because they take away from Club games, which given the excitement of the TV games on the previous day, can draw a greater audience provided there is not a 6Ncounter attraction on TV.

Agree with myrubbishmail on the 3 games on Saturday format.

1:30 / 3:45 / 6:00 kick-offs.

You sure about that HH. i could be dreaming but I thought someone said that the BBC wouldnt stand for a sunday game opposite the Carling Cup final hence the 9pm saturday night job. A bummer for the French supporters most of whom come up from the deep south and dont tend to make a weekend of it.
                  Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

you takin the piss dan??
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by thisyear?
                      DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!
                      Careful now

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy

you takin the piss dan??
                        What part of it looks like I'm taking the piss?

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy

you takin the piss dan??

What part of it looks like I'm taking the piss?

Maybe the players might like to play on friday nights so they could have the weekend off, work on their handicaps etc. That would be nice for them and sure we wouldnt mind.

Comment

I don't think the players would like to play on Friday nights if they had played the previous Sunday

Comment

Can't please some people. I remember the fury when you were given a Sunday game against Bougoin, now you're whinging about Friday, the 6N doesn't revolve around your personal timetables. You can't have every game at 3pm on a Saturday.

Comment

Can't please some people. I remember the fury when you were given a Sunday game against Bougoin, because this was announced less than a month in advance. now you're whinging about Friday, the 6N doesn't revolve around your personal timetables. The current arrangementswith games on Sundayssuit the timetables of neither the fans nor the businesses in the host cities. You can't have every game at 3pm on a Saturday. Why not? or if this doesn't suit, why not 1:30, 4:00 and 6:30 on a Saturday?

Comment

Working...
                                X