Still very emotional!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still very emotional!

I watched the match in Claws and he muted the TV and belted out God Save Ireland over the PA during the English anthem. Although it was funny at the time upon reflection I think it was very distateful and disrespectful to the English people who had gathered in the bar to watch the match.

Mick, thanks for putting up the You Tube post. Was great to see the respect shown in Croke Park.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Originally posted by jmccoy

I watched the match in Claws and he muted the TV and belted out God Save Ireland over the PA during the English anthem. Although it was funny at the time upon reflection I think it was very distateful and disrespectful to the English people who had gathered in the bar to watch the match.

Mick, thanks for putting up the You Tube post. Was great to see the respect shown in Croke Park.
    Poor form tbh. Wonder if it was the bar management who made the decision? I'm sure Claw would have been in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headroom

Poor form tbh. Wonder if it was the bar management who made the decision? I'm sure Claw would have been in Dublin.

No. Peter was around the bar all day ! Must have had no ticket. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
      "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Unfortunately it is 100% correct.

Comment

I love the bit at 3:08 in the clip when it shows BOD singing the anthem like he was in a choir or something, then it cuts to the Bull who actually looks as if he's going to go on some bloody killing spree as soon as the song finishes.

Btw, is that the touch judge I see singing along at about 3:45?!

Comment

POC looks emotional. But the other emotion:

\"Hmm, no, I don\'t have a gambling problem, I\'m winning, and winning is not a problem. That\'s like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don\'t y\'all pour some sugar on that?\"

Comment

Anyone see the cartoon in this weeks Clare Champion ? It is of a lineout in CP during the Irl - Eng match, with POC being raised high over the line by Dev and Michael Collins operating sky hooks. Pure Class. Must scan it and post it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mick

If that is true about the claw that is very poor taste JM perhaps he will feel bad about it after all the good publicity the match has been given and feel remorse, although I doubt it!

Somebody that can, please confirm that this is not true, because the report is unforgivable. Very much against the way the country was on this issue.
                Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy
                  Originally posted by mick

If that is true about the claw that is very poor taste JM perhaps he will feel bad about it after all the good publicity the match has been given and feel remorse, although I doubt it!

Somebody that can, please confirm that this is not true, because the report is unforgivable. Very much against the way the country was on this issue.
                  Absolutely CB. If it's true, it's disgusting.
                  \"Hmm, no, I don\'t have a gambling problem, I\'m winning, and winning is not a problem. That\'s like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don\'t y\'all pour some sugar on that?\"

Comment

<!-
                    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                    var SymReal;

Sym()
                    {
                    window.open = SymWinOpen;
                    if(SymReal != null)
                    SymReal();
                    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                    {
                    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                    SymReal = window.;
                    window. = Sym;
                    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Dont know what happened on Sat, but they did it the last England game i watched there probably 2 years ago
                    The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Very childish. Way to make the English punters in the bar feel welcome in modern, self confident, Ireland.

Comment

If I was to experience that sort of thing in a bar I'd walk out the door on the spot and never return.
                        I am not an alcoholic - alcoholics go to meetings.

Comment

Im still prepared to wait until someone who was there confirms that it happened or didnt
                          Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy
                            Im still prepared to wait until someone who was there confirms that it happened or didnt
                            Second post

<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">

I watched the match in
                            Claws and he muted the TV and belted out God Save Ireland over the PA
                            during the English anthem. Although it was funny at the time upon
                            reflection I think it was very distateful and disrespectful to the
                            English people who had gathered in the bar to watch the match.

</div>
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

What else would anyone expect from a grade A knacker like Clohessy?
                              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Working...
                              X