Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Autumn Games 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
    I think Sexton for Italy and France only to win the 6Nations and pick Byrne/Carthy for the 8Nations

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Yeah, part of me can see that to try and go all out to win the 6N, even in a strange year, it is still winning the 6N, which is nothing to sneeze at. It is just becoming imperative to get Byrne the game time since Carbery cannot stay fit and nobody else has really put their hand up as a "wow" player at 10 to the point where you'd think he is a definite call up and could challenge for that backup spot.

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by JohnK View Post
      I think it's more to do with finishing the 6 nations and trying to avoid teams playing each other again right afterwards.
      I suspect that’s exactly right- they Ireland Italy twice in a couple of weeks would be a hard sell- and before we know it we’ll be back into another 6N- they are, understandably, protecting the product. That said Georgia will be well up for playing Italy if they get the chance- if they can win it would strengthen their case for 6N inclusion.

      Comment


        #93
        https://www.the42.ie/ireland-autumn-...01036-Sep2020/

        Comment


          #94
          Real pity the Boks aren't in it. No disrespec' to Georgia but having a team from the world champions would definitely have added some spice, but I guess the money does the talking and Georgia won't be expecting a big cut like the SARU would.
          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2021.

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
            Real pity the Boks aren't in it. No disrespec' to Georgia but having a team from the world champions would definitely have added some spice, but I guess the money does the talking and Georgia won't be expecting a big cut like the SARU would.
            Better for world game that Georgia are competing in this.
            South Africa are playing rugby championshp at same time and Georgia deserve these games against 6 nations.

            Comment


              #96
              Ireland's games

              Fri Nov 13 7pm v Wales (H)
              Sat Nov 21 3pm v England (A)
              Sun Nov 29 2pm v Georgia (H)
              Sat Dec 5 2:15pm v TBD (H)

              https://twitter.com/RavenhillRoar/status/1304046220525080577?s=20

              Comment


                #97
                Amazon Prime have the rights.. I have Amazon via Eir sub, but never seen the ‘live’ Amazon .. anyone know is it separate?
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                  Amazon Prime have the rights.. I have Amazon via Eir sub, but never seen the ‘live’ Amazon .. anyone know is it separate?
                  Yet to be confirmed if this tournament will be part of the standard Amazon Prime package.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                    Amazon Prime have the rights.. I have Amazon via Eir sub, but never seen the ‘live’ Amazon .. anyone know is it separate?
                    Channel 4 have exclusive live coverage of Ireland's games v Wales and Georgia with the England one on both broadcasters

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by neill_m View Post

                      Channel 4 have exclusive live coverage of Ireland's games v Wales and Georgia with the England one on both broadcasters
                      RTÉ and Ch4 have live rights, in Ireland to the Irish games
                      Ireland’s Guinness Series 2020, part of the Autumn Nations Cup, will be available free to air on RTÉ and Channel 4 this November and December. Amazon Prime will also have coverage of games in the UK.


                      assume TV3 still have the remaining 6N games aswell
                      Last edited by Sulla; 11-September-2020, 10:24.
                      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                      Comment


                        As per Sulla's post above #100, it seems there is uncertainty/clarification needed if Amazon Prime have just the UK or UK/Ireland rights to the non-Irish group games and the finals day games.

                        If it is UK only, then the Irish rights are still available.

                        Comment


                          after this season, might be great to see 6. Doris 7. VDF 8. CJ
                          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                            after this season, might be great to see 6. Doris 7. VDF 8. CJ
                            6 CJ
                            7 Connors v Eng, Leavy/VDF other games
                            8 Doris
                            I would switch CJ/ Doris as I think Doris has greater speed away from the base of the scrum and more potential to offload etc.

                            Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                              6 CJ
                              7 Connors v Eng, Leavy/VDF other games
                              8 Doris
                              I would switch CJ/ Doris as I think Doris has greater speed away from the base of the scrum and more potential to offload etc.

                              Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                              I think it is an either/or; but yeah, you cannot really go wrong with those combinations. Connors is going to have to develop into something more than a fantastic tackler to be a Test starter. I think he can, but he will have to if he wants to unseat Dan Leavy, who i hope comes back with a vengeance. He was something special in 2018.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

                                I think it is an either/or; but yeah, you cannot really go wrong with those combinations. Connors is going to have to develop into something more than a fantastic tackler to be a Test starter. I think he can, but he will have to if he wants to unseat Dan Leavy, who i hope comes back with a vengeance. He was something special in 2018.
                                Dan Lydiate built a good career out of being a chop tackler.
                                I think having someone who can chop down Billy/Manu will go a long way to beating England

                                Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X