Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So much for the scrum getting destroyed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for the scrum getting destroyed!

It was supposed to happen against Wales then France and still hasn't happened! Ithas been predicted by the English media. Somebody should tell them that Horan and Hayes had played long before the Leicester game and that there is more to the scrum than the props anyway.

Today also will give Munster a lift![img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Brian Moore commented a good few times about Vickery binding illegally and turning in. Staurt Barnes said last week Ashton made a mistake not starting White instead of Vickery.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

jutge missed vickery boring all the time-it was so obvious.

ah but well-alls well that ends well[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick

It was supposed to happen against Wales then France and still hasn't happened! Ithas been predicted by the English media. Somebody should tell them that Horan and Hayes had played long before the Leicester game and that there is more to the scrum than the props anyway.

Dead right Dropkick, Munster arent out of this HEC yet. Ticket still available for Twickers

Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
          Staurt Barnes said last week Ashton made a mistake not starting White instead of Vickery.
          Maybe he realised White would just spend the whole time conceding penalties... it doesn't/didn't take him long.

I for one, at least thought the English forwards would compete (at a minimum). They were just outplayed in every facet.

Comment

Got to say this is the biggest surprise of 6N. Against Wales we were supposed to have the legs taken out of our pack by their bigger, better forwards. Last 20 the Welsh pack were out on their feet. Against France we were supposed to be mullered (and I for one was seriously worried about that one). Yep they put pressure on our ball, but f**k me the boys gave them it back as well on the French ball.

Yesterday was even better. According to the English press:

Vickery easily won his battle with Horan. (That'd be the Vickery that was penalised constantly for having to resort to binding illegally, dropping and driving inwards).

England's scrum was solid and all the English scrummaged well. So why did they end up resorting to standing up on their own ball to relieve the pressure they were under?

Now they've finally devoted the attention to the scrums they deserve and stopped this loose binding nonsense the pack has been superb in the tight.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy
              Originally posted by dropkick

Dead right Dropkick, Munster arent out of this HEC yet. Ticket still available for Twickers
              where are the tickets available... the website, said it was sold out at the moment???
              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer

Now they've finally devoted the attention to the scrums they deserve and stopped this loose binding nonsense the pack has been superb in the tight.

I'm clueless about the improvement. Is it down to different binding by the second row?

Comment

Interesting that former prop Rory Best has started all these games in the front row.

Comment

Hmmmm ... food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
                      Interesting that former prop Rory Best has started all these games in the front row.

Said itbefore....he's a better scrummager than Fla. Best had an excellent game yesterday. Will start in Scotland.

Comment

But the English pack had a great deal to do with the scrums going so well for Ireland. When your constantly getting pumbled upfront like they were, you just dont have any energy when you squat down for the scrum. They just become another formality to you!

We're not out of the red yet in regards to the scrums. We did do well tho.

But the forwards did fantastically overall, they deserve every bit of credit for the win yeterday.
                        ANY MANS FINEST HOUR, HIS GREATEST FULFILMENT OF ALL HE HOLDS DEAR, IS THE MOMENT WHEN HE HAS WORKED HIS HEART OUT IN A GOOD CAUSE AND LIES EXHAUSTED ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE – VICTORIOUS.

Comment

Well done, Ireland.
                          Forward & three-quarter displays bode well for Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by shtove
                            Originally posted by Evil Omer

I'm clueless about the improvement. Is it down to different binding by the second row?

I don't think it's a coincidence that since the round the prop's hips binding the scrum performances have become better and Hayes/Horan have seemed to have more energy. I don't know if that's all they've done but it's got to be giving a big help. You get DOC and POC binding well and driving well the power coming through must be immense.

Comment

E O,

Don't know where you got the impression that the English thought they were competitive. From everything I've seen the English press have been talking up our whole pack - from the front row back(Guardian, Times, etc). I noticed the illegal binging too, and he did get one penalty out of Jutge. I also noticed they were in trouble in the set-pieces. Moreover as the game wore on we looked very comfortable in the scrums. In the end Hayes seemed to be enjoying himself more and more. It was the area they openly targetted - and failed.

Wilko has described Irelandas a 'great team', and 'capable of beating anyone' in his column. Hardly making excuses is he? Corry makes a balder statement: 'We were poor and they were good'.

We have been far more critical on this site...........

Comment

Working...
                              X