X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redemption day in Paris Saturday Night 14th March France v Ireland

Gwan Ireland!
    Gwan Joe!!

I have fancied Ireland to win this all along because I didn’t think the French wild handle the expectation/pressure. The result in Murrayfield lowers the expectations on France, that said, Ireland have had a massive break to lick their wounds since that first half debacle in Twickenham and I really fancy them to win on Saturday (if the game happens).

Comment

I'd like to see a XXIII of:

Conway
      Earls Farrell Henshaw Larmour
      Sexton Murray
      Kilcoyne Kelleher Furlong
      Henderson Ryan
      CJ Doris POM

McGrath Scannell/O'Byrne Porter Baird Deegan
      Cooney Byrne Ringrose
      Last edited by ustix; 8th-March-2020, 17:13.
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Six day turnaround for France versus three weeks off for Ireland has to be a massive advantage.

Comment

Game needs to be cancelled
          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
            You're probably right Jackie, but shouldn't that be postponed?
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I am astonished it hasn’t been, but if it is on I think Ireland have a very good chance.

Comment

Behind closed doors would be better. Re-fixing two games for Italy and one each for Ireland and England us doable given how players are managed in those countries. Refixing a French match would be a cluster**** given the monster that is the Top 14.

Might be an option here to take an off-season across the board if matches are forced to be cancelled domestically. Play through the summer with a shortened off-season before the 20/21 season. Not ideal from a conditioning point of view, but there's no ideal solution really.

The complete lack of flex in the rugby calender is absurd though. There's too many games , this just shows it up from a different angle.
                "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post

Behind closed doors would be better. Re-fixing two games for Italy and one each for Ireland and England us doable given how players are managed in those countries. Refixing a French match would be a cluster**** given the monster that is the Top 14.

Might be an option here to take an off-season across the board if matches are forced to be cancelled domestically. Play through the summer with a shortened off-season before the 20/21 season. Not ideal from a conditioning point of view, but there's no ideal solution really.

The complete lack of flex in the rugby calender is absurd though. There's too many games , this just shows it up from a different angle.
                  If push comes to shove LNR do as they are told by the FFR who didn’t, irresponsibly, leave the lunatics in charge of the asylum unlike the RFU, who will have much greater, and more expensive, problems with PRL.

Comment

All gatherings of over 1000 people banned in France from tonight. However there's an exemption for gatherings useful to the nation like public transport, competitions, demonstrations. God knows what that covers, but the match might not be off yet. https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/statu...50613440012289

Comment

Real shame that the standout player of the tournament (DuPont)- will miss it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                        Real shame that the standout player of the tournament (DuPont)- will miss it anyway.
                        Well he now has until October to be fit again.. all games postponed
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Well he now has until October to be fit again.. all games postponed

Sense prevails in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                            I thought he was brutal in the second half, albeit under a lot of pressure, after Shane Horgan pronounced him the best player in the world. Quinny suggested he was trying too hard.
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Think the game is confirmed as being off.

Comment

Working...
                              X