No announcement yet.

6N R3) England in Twickenham - Sunday Feb 23rd @ 15.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with Mako and Billy out there is no excuse for not winning this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

No excuse needed, there are loadza of good reasons that England might win e.g.
      world cup finalists, having beaten NZ well who hammered Ireland the week before, knowing how to beat Ireland in 2019 (repeatedly & well), playing at home, with a ref that casts a blind eye to illegal physicality and bigger union's side's... need I add a few more.

No excuses, but there are reasons, I still feel, albeit well against the odds, that Ireland might just nip this one....
      Last edited by Daithi; 18-February-2020, 12:32.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

He didn't know a back row's job when he was playing, so I don't see why he would now.
        Too many MOTM awards and not enough ruck inspecting being done.
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Doris has had 4 minutes total of international rugby. They were a good three and a half minutes, then he got concussed. Against England at Twickenham, going for a Triple Crown is not the time to throw him back into the deep end. Bench, fine. Starting, not just yet. He'll get his chance to start against Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
            Doris has had 4 minutes total of international rugby. They were a good three and a half minutes, then he got concussed. Against England at Twickenham, going for a Triple Crown is not the time to throw him back into the deep end. Bench, fine. Starting, not just yet. He'll get his chance to start against Italy.
            Finnegan, I think most everyone knows that tbf, it's just wummers & dim witted one eyes who suggest anything otherwise....

I'll leave it to you to decide which victor c is!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

Finnegan, I think most everyone knows that tbf, it's just wummers & dim witted one eyes who suggest anything otherwise....

I'll leave it to you to decide which victor c is!?!
              And which paper is quoting him... The Irish Independent should rename their publication The Leinster CheerLeader

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

And which paper is quoting him... The Irish Independent should rename their publication The Leinster CheerLeader
                They should just publish it on tissue paper to make it immediately useful and readily recyclable....

I mean it's already full of sh1te anyway!! Boom, boom

Comment

I'm reading on rte news that 'Wales ' (which I presume is the Welsh management?) are giving out about Tadhg Furlong's scrum technique apparently.

this begs the question as to why give out about such an issue now (normally sides give out before tests to highlight an area for a ref), and do they not have a test match themselves that they'd be better off concentrating on!?!

All a bit bitter & peculiar sounding tbh...

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

He didn't know a back row's job when he was playing, so I don't see why he would now.
                    Big Victor was not the best but had the odd good game for Ireland and was a monster compared with most backrowers of the time.
                    My abiding memory of him in an Ierland shirt was chasing and catching England flier Guscott from behind.

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Word has Mako out, Tuilagi and Slade in.
                      Gamechanger imo.
                      Game on...
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                        Word has Mako out, Tuilagi and Slade in.
                        Gamechanger imo.
                        Game on...
                        yeah, that shifts Farrell to 10 and Ford to the bench if Jones wants to break up that 10-12 axis of Ford and Farrell. I would if I were him, they are much stronger with Tuilagi and Slade in the starting XV. IMO, Ireland can go there and get a win. Stopping Billy V and Tuilagi is difficult, stopping just one of them is an easier prospect and England then ahve to find other ways to get over the gain line. I worry about May getting into open space and carving up some of the more inexperienced backs; I'd start Earls over Stockdale for this game. He is just better defensively and maybe he's going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder now that he was put on the bench for a match. TBH i'd have Chris Farrell on the bench as well. If this turns into an arm wrestle for 50-60 minutes, a bringing a guy like him on could really shift the balance b/c he is a powerful carrier and has good ball skills.

Comment

Mako missing for family reasons
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

I can't help agreeing with this despite my better judgement. May I ask, do you trust in Andy?
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

We need to give England something to think about. Beating a fired up Scotland and Wales who are well organised but neither have strong ball carriers Farrell needs to mix it up. How good is Doris - has looked very impressive so far. If we wait until Italy to find out - and then some will say - ah but it was only Italy - we still wont know.

Stick Doris in and give it a lash, we are correctly underdogs for this on what we have seen so far, perhaps stick Killer in as well and go for the jugular.

Lets see something different.
                              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

IRELAND HEAD COACH Andy Farrell is set to name an unchanged Ireland team to face England at Twickenham in the Six Nations on Sunday.

With Ireland having opened the championship with wins against Scotland and Wales on home soil, Farrell is expected to back his team to maintain their momentum in this first away fixture.

Farrell's Ireland have won two games from two in the Six Nations so far.Source: Ryan Byrne/INPHO

21-year-old Caelan Doris is fit again after recovering from the head injury he suffered just minutes into his debut against Scotland, so there is some possibility of change in the back row for Ireland.

However, Munster captain Peter O’Mahony has delivered two strong performances in replacing Doris against Scotland and then starting against Wales, meaning Farrell may be hesitant to reshuffle the back row.

If O’Mahony does retain his starting place, Doris seems likely to be included on the bench.

Keith Earls’ excellent performance off the bench at outside centre against the Welsh was a reminder of his quality, although Farrell may opt to stick with a starting back three of Jordan Larmour, Andrew Conway, and Jacob Stockdale, while Robbie Henshaw – fit after a head injury against Wales – and Bundee Aki seem certain to continue in midfield with Garry Ringrose out injured.

Dave Kilcoyne continues to keep the pressure on Cian Healy at loosehead prop, but the expectation is that Farrell will opt for a completely settled team on his first visit back to Twickenham as a head coach.

Farrell is due to officially name his starting team and bench tomorrow at 1.50pm.

Possible Ireland XV v England:

15. Jordan Larmour
                                14. Andrew Conway
                                13. Robbie Henshaw
                                12. Bundee Aki
                                11. Jacob Stockdale
                                10. Johnny Sexton (captain)
                                9. Conor Murray

1. Cian Healy
                                2. Rob Herring
                                3. Tadhg Furlong
                                4. Iain Henderson