No announcement yet.

6N R3) England in Twickenham - Sunday Feb 23rd @ 15.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So back on thread, does anyone know if Dorris is in the training 23/5?

Or has he been released to link up with united Leinster for the weekend!?

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

not sure they'd free tickets 'sold' and im sure plenty of Dads & kids had planned the day off for it.
      All the more reason to relocate within CIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
        So back on thread, does anyone know if Dorris is in the training 23/5?

Or has he been released to link up with united Leinster for the weekend!?
        RTE Radio have him having passed all protocols and in the 23. I guess Peter will have to just stand down
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Leavy was on track to be the best open side in the world before his injury, for my money. I do think Ireland have missed him, but it's worth noting that he wasn't on either of the teams that beat New Zealand. If those are the two peaks of the Joe era, it was Murphy and VDF who were involved.
          There are some who have written him out of history already touting Connors as the second coming. I think he'll have his work cut out playing his way back in remember Healy took 3 years to get back to his best after injury. Leavy will have to get up to pace with the game first and then make a statement of his case after that. I wouldn't rush back if I was him but there are some saying he is not as good as the options there at Leinster at the moment.

Comment

For me Leavy has that bit of dog in him and I felt we missed that since he's been out. VdF is and has been an excellent deputy though so we, Ireland, are lucky to have them both. Both Penny and Connors are both showing excellent potential and I will not be one bIt surprised if one of them is not considered to be Munster's best option at 7 next season or the season after. No that's not a typo, I think one of them will have to move and Muster badly need an out and out 7 IMHO.
            "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by offshorerules View Post
              For me Leavy has that bit of dog in him and I felt we missed that since he's been out. VdF is and has been an excellent deputy though so we, Ireland, are lucky to have them both. Both Penny and Connors are both showing excellent potential and I will not be one bIt surprised if one of them is not considered to be Munster's best option at 7 next season or the season after. No that's not a typo, I think one of them will have to move and Muster badly need an out and out 7 IMHO.
              Let’s see how Hodnett goes this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

There's also Jack O Donoghue who has been in firing form this season. Admittedly, he's more of a 6 but I'm not sure where you will get space for all these players. Playing Leinster rejects in front of young Munster bred players is not the answer. Give the young guns a chance to develop and you'll be in much better shape in 5 years time.

Comment

Sure, give him a chance no question, but I still think either Penney or Connor would be a good addition to the squad.
                  "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Sure, give him a chance no question, but I still think either Penney or Connor would be a good addition to the squad.
                    What's the story with Conor Oliver? I guess we've figured out he's not the answer at 7.

Comment

Whodnett?

Comment

Originally posted by LPAC View Post

There's also Jack O Donoghue who has been in firing form this season. Admittedly, he's more of a 6 but I'm not sure where you will get space for all these players. Playing Leinster rejects in front of young Munster bred players is not the answer. Give the young guns a chance to develop and you'll be in much better shape in 5 years time.
                        Yes, but for any campaign you need at least 5 top form back rows. Cloete, botha and other guys who are 'bought in', and are good players, but if there were back rows coming off the Leinster conveyor belt who were as good (or potentially better) and not getting their due at Leinster, then why not take them!?

- keeps talent in the system
                        - rewards Irish talent
                        - and all other possible synergies..

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Looks as though they may have just found one in young Hodnett. Of course, the opposition were poor and it might have been a one off performance. But this kid (MOTM) looks like a genuine traditional 7, with speed, power, link play, tackling etc. and does seem to have the X factor. As was commented in the game, he does remind you of a young Sean O'Brien in the explosive way he plays. Hope he keeps up this great form and gets plenty of game time. He's already looking better than Cloete, whose form has really slumped this season. (And yes, I know it's early days, but I think he will go far.)

Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by LPAC View Post

It is for the IRFU whose goal is to get all the top IQ players playing for the provinces on a regular basis. If the "Leinster reject" is rated higher by whoever makes those calls at the IRFU level, then the reject will get the option to move in order to get playing time or stay and fight for minutes in blue. That is the bottom line ATM for the IRFU. The provinces feed the national team, end of. The Leinster schools provide the most pro ready players at the moment, and that isn't going to stop any time soon, so we will continue to see the surplus of young Leinster players with a good bit of hype behnd them based on what they did at that level. Whether they justify the hype and play well as pros is another question, but some will certainly get moved to other provinces b/c of the sheer numbers coming thru and lack of minutes at leinster.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

It is for the IRFU whose goal is to get all the top IQ players playing for the provinces on a regular basis. If the "Leinster reject" is rated higher by whoever makes those calls at the IRFU level, then the reject will get the option to move in order to get playing time or stay and fight for minutes in blue. That is the bottom line ATM for the IRFU. The provinces feed the national team, end of. The Leinster schools provide the most pro ready players at the moment, and that isn't going to stop any time soon, so we will continue to see the surplus of young Leinster players with a good bit of hype behnd them based on what they did at that level. Whether they justify the hype and play well as pros is another question, but some will certainly get moved to other provinces b/c of the sheer numbers coming thru and lack of minutes at leinster.
                              Agree it sort of inevitable, and also, inevitably, the more it happens keeps us relatively worse than Leinster. Hodnett last night showed some of the quality we have coming through, and it’s a joy to behold. I’d hate to see he and other lads progress blocked by losing game time to imports, even if there a bit ahead at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Agree it sort of inevitable, and also, inevitably, the more it happens keeps us relatively worse than Leinster. Hodnett last night showed some of the quality we have coming through, and it’s a joy to behold. I’d hate to see he and other lads progress blocked by losing game time to imports, even if there a bit ahead at this stage.
                                I think Connacht will become the main destination for guys seeking playing time. The IRFU won't want to stunt the growth of all the Munster kids who were on the U20s last season, but Connacht could really do with some pro-ready depth in the coming years. They have the right coach and style of play, they are getting a new ground, they need to get more talent in the squad that can step up when injuries strike. They were hit really hard this season and just didn't have the quality to win consistently against good opposition.

Comment

Working...
                                X