6N R3) England in Twickenham - Sunday Feb 23rd @ 15.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

agree - great to have VDF as backup to Leavy.
    But what about Conan and Connor and Doris and Penney and Ruddock and Murphy and Max and Tommy and Jack?
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I agree about VDF who is in the best form of his career - but for me not as good as Leavy and for me that means backup to Leavy - which is what he was when both were fit.
      Fair enough. But Leavy now has to show that has is good as ever. Meantime, VDF's all round game has come on by leaps and bounds this season. As I said above, there is probably room for both in an Ireland team. Leinster has played them at 6/7 in the past with great success, much as England has played Underhill/Curry on the flanks. They are both proven performers at the international level. VDF does not deserve to be dropped until Leavy strings together a series of outstanding performances at provincial level and displaces him on form. Tough on Leavy (or any injured player), but unfortunately that's the way things work with injuries in rugby.
      Erse end of nowhere

Comment

I don't think you can have Leavy, VDF and CJ in a backrow for Ireland as you lose too much in the lineout.

In my view if everyone is fit its CJ at 6, VDF at 7, Doris/Conan at 8 with Leavy on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Leavy for 2 if he adds on throwing and scrummaging?
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

agree - great to have VDF as backup to Leavy.
            +1

Leavy has the potential to produce 9/10 performances at international rugby and has been able to dominate the breakdown against the likes of Wales, Scotland and England. In my opinion, Leavy has the potential to be the best 7 in the world and is more in the mould of Watson, Underhill and Curry. JVDF is still one of the most consistent players in the Irish team and will produce 7/10 performances, week after week.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
              I don't think you can have Leavy, VDF and CJ in a backrow for Ireland as you lose too much in the lineout.

In my view if everyone is fit its CJ at 6, VDF at 7, Doris/Conan at 8 with Leavy on the bench.

Are you sure you wouldn't go a bit further and fire POM into the sun out of a cannon? Or at least cast him into space in one of those glass squares they used on General Zod?

Or maybe we could send some sort of android assassin back in time to deal with the issue earlier on?

I just feel like you're tinkering at the edges.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Are you sure you wouldn't go a bit further and fire POM into the sun out of a cannon? Or at least cast him into space in one of those glass squares they used on General Zod?

Or maybe we could send some sort of android assassin back in time to deal with the issue earlier on?

You missed the Toner feint, he is hinted at because lineout.
                I am the million man.

Comment

Today's open training session in CIT has been cancelled, seems a bit of rain has put off the squads, not sure why this wasn't on the 4G in IIP?,

as an adjunct shows that MR were right to move everything to UL, doesn't put CIT training facilities in good light...
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                    Today's open training session in CIT has been cancelled, seems a bit of rain has put off the squads, not sure why this wasn't on the 4G in IIP?,

as an adjunct shows that MR were right to move everything to UL, doesn't put CIT training facilities in good light...
                    10 pages

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post

CJ, VDF and Conan gives you a good lineout?

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

CJ, VDF and Conan gives you a good lineout?
                        Conan/Doris are both far better lineout jumpers than Leavy (not as good as POM but are far better ball carriers). How is that too difficult too understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

In relation to the Android assassin who is POM?
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Moved to a closed session in IIP.
                            https://www.irishrugby.ie/2020/02/13...cit-cancelled/

Comment

That's a pity, with a bit of imagination,it could have been relocated to another spot within the CIT Campus.

Maybe Musser was the plan after all and a handy excuse was used to move it.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

That's a pity, with a bit of imagination,it could have been relocated to another spot within the CIT Campus.

Maybe Musser was the plan after all and a handy excuse was used to move it.
                                not sure they'd free tickets 'sold' and im sure plenty of Dads & kids had planned the day off for it.
                                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                                X