Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

Which backrower should he replace?
    One of the injured or out of form or fatigued members of the panel we're building
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Look at their 10 situation. Sexton shows up once in a while, they've got two Byrnes and Frawley behind him. Somebody is going to have to leave b/c Sexton isn't going to hang up the boots unless he is forced to do so.

The IRFU needs to look into fielding a 5th province comprised of mainly younger players from the provinces who can't get starter's minutes b/c they're stuck behind internationals, sending these guys to Super Rugby teams on loans or loaning them to English / French clubs so they can get game time. At some point they'll look at the years moving by and "wonder what if ?"

The last point might be more feasible now that residency is moving to 5 years. If you sent someone to England for three years before they could end up lost to the Irish set up.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

That's harsh on VDF. Leavy should have to play his way back in, just like anyone else not named Sexton.

Leavy was on track to be the best open side in the world before his injury, for my money. I do think Ireland have missed him, but it's worth noting that he wasn't on either of the teams that beat New Zealand. If those are the two peaks of the Joe era, it was Murphy and VDF who were involved.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Leavy was on track to be the best open side in the world before his injury, for my money. I do think Ireland have missed him, but it's worth noting that he wasn't on either of the teams that beat New Zealand. If those are the two peaks of the Joe era, it was Murphy and VDF who were involved.
          Or Murray.
          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post

Or Murray.

Murray played in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Somehow Leavy seems to represent a lot of what was good about Irish play before falling of a cliff - quick, agressive go forward ball.

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post

Or Murray.
                How could you forget Murray’s performance in Chicago? He absolutely dominated that game, including scoring that great individual try.

It’s almost like you have something against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

How could you forget Murray’s performance in Chicago? He absolutely dominated that game, including scoring that great individual try.

It’s almost like you have something against him.
                  Motm performance that day. I don't think we'd have won it without him. His tackle on Savea to win the 5 mt scrum for the Henshaw try was the highlight of the game for me.
                  As Justin Marshall said at the time- not often you see Savea get hit like that!

Comment

He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

Doubt that Turlough,
                      business it may be, a division of the IRFU it certainly is, the better the local competition, the more players moving between provinces adds to interest, viewers, etc, etc

All Irish provinces would prefer to see their 'excess' players stay within the Irish system for a whole plethora of reasons, including they may come back to serve them someday in some capacity...
                      Lancaster seemed to be asking Nucifora to butt out, premium article in the D4 indo so can't link.
                      Last edited by Turlough1; 12th-February-2020, 13:53. Reason: typo

Comment

The IRFU needs to look into fielding a 5th province comprised of mainly younger players from the provinces who can't get starter's minutes b/c they're stuck behind internationals,
                        A career can be snuffed out in moment. The reason we had to go get a player like Carbery is because Johnny Holland never came back from his last injury,

And if there are quality players surplus to requirement in the other provinces then Connacht is always short a half a dozen of them.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Somehow Leavy seems to represent a lot of what was good about Irish play before falling of a cliff - quick, agressive go forward ball.
                          Nothing wrong with plying both Leavy and VDF in the same back row. Ireland has done it before and Leavy does what he does with either 6 or 7 on his back. I hope he has no long term issues from such a serious injury. A great flanker, but so is VDF who is in the best form of his career so far.
                          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Nothing wrong with plying both Leavy and VDF in the same back row. Ireland has done it before and Leavy does what he does with either 6 or 7 on his back. I hope he has no long term issues from such a serious injury. A great flanker, but so is VDF who is in the best form of his career so far.
                            Nothing other than having two players playing imperiously at 6 and 8.

Comment

I agree about VDF who is in the best form of his career - but for me not as good as Leavy and for me that means backup to Leavy - which is what he was when both were fit.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Nothing other than having two players playing imperiously at 6 and 8.
                                agree - great to have VDF as backup to Leavy.

Comment

Working...
                                X