6N R3) England in Twickenham - Sunday Feb 23rd @ 15.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

Why? Against whom specifically has Doris looked very impressive, to the point one Lion should be dropped and another shifted to accommodate him? I accept the view that he has a lot of potential but let him start v Italy rather than England.
    He was picked for Scotland based on his form/potential. We've had enough of safety first under Joe.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
      Let's just keep the status quo and not play young talent if it means a Munster player loses out....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The "status quo" is the team that put a BP on Wales in Dublin.

It's surely not that controversial that Farrell has picked the same team?
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

He was picked for Scotland based on his form/potential. We've had enough of safety first under Joe.
        Yes but it's the form of the 2 Lions who is forcing him to sit on the bench. Stander has has 2 MOTM games at 8. While POM has looked like a man playing with alot on the line.

Comment

Let's just keep the status quo and not play young talent if it means a Munster player loses out....

The thing you miss is a jersey has to be earned not handed out.

Kelleher has been superb for Leinster but then had a break and since his return what has he done to outdo Herring?

Dorris is a talent and earned his shot. But got injured. And then POM and Stander performed excellently. So are in possession of the jersey. It's when their standards slip that you then pounce.

This isn't a provincal issue. Your mentality is blood players for sake of it. Andy Farrells mentality is win rugby games. And well he has went 2 for 2.

Comment

Funny how when Farrell makes a selection it's wrong but when Joe did it was because of systems and his staggering genius. Poor Andy isn't going to get much leeway if there's a hiccup or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

The "status quo" is the team that put a BP on Wales in Dublin.

It's surely not that controversial that Farrell has picked the same team?
              Apparently we need more controversy to prove we're not just going to try and box kick teams to death

Comment

The Dubliner wasn't the only guest of the squad this week with former captain Paul O'Connell dropping in to chat to the team ahead of the daunting trip to London, where Ireland have won just once (2018) since 2010.

"He's been here all week," said Farrell of the ex-Munster lock.

"He’s here until Friday. We like it when people come into camp.

"We try and invite as many people as we possibly can. It’s not just Paul that’s been in camp this week, there’s a few other guys.

"We like people to try and take stock from the outside and get a feel, the feeling of how camp is.

"Paul is here to observe and come into all the meetings, share his experience along the way and try and connect with the boys.

"He’s been there and done that. He’s been to Twickenham a few times and he’s played some big games, so he knows what the boys are going through.

"So yeah, you see a lot more of the boys gravitating towards him during the week, and that’s great to see."
                Andy Farrell has been trying to reinforce a sense of 'Irishness' in the camp ahead of the team's trip to Twickenham on Sunday and has even enlisted the help of Bono.
                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Wont someone think of John Cooney
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                    #Justice4John
                    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by TomsOnTheRoof View Post
                      Funny how when Farrell makes a selection it's wrong but when Joe did it was because of systems and his staggering genius. Poor Andy isn't going to get much leeway if there's a hiccup or two.
                      Does anybody still think Joe is some sort of genius? A genius doesnt have his team fall of a cliff the way Joe did. Ireland have had excellent players and for a while Joe may have got them to over achieve and deserves high praise for consistently good performances over a number of seasons - but he certainly got them to under achive - and deserves to be roundly criticised for that.
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        Don't worry cb. If Ireland lose this weekend (which is likely), Murray and POM will be back in firing range.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Does anybody still think Joe is some sort of genius? A genius doesnt have his team fall of a cliff the way Joe did. Ireland have had excellent players and for a while Joe may have got them to over achieve and deserves high praise for consistently good performances over a number of seasons - but he certainly got them to under achive - and deserves to be roundly criticised for that.
                          Is he much different from Eddie and Deccie really? Same drop off for each of them.

Comment

Is Killer ahead of Healy ok with you so? Or does the argument only work in favour of Leinster starlets?

Comment

Originally posted by Keatleyfan72 View Post

Is he much different from Eddie and Deccie really? Same drop off for each of them.
                              Jaysus the revisionism is starting. Joe finished up poorly but he delivered Grand Slams, Multiple wins against NZ and series wins in the SH. It got stale but his record stands up to scrutiny as Ireland's most successful coach in the professional era never mind his successes with Leinster. He may not have been a genius but from comments from ROG and others who worked with him he is a very deep thinker on the game and top class coach. I think he was with Ireland too long and things got stale, probably needed a really strong opposing voice in the setup or should have left earlier.
                              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post

Jaysus the revisionism is starting. Joe finished up poorly but he delivered Grand Slams, Multiple wins against NZ and series wins in the SH. It got stale but his record stands up to scrutiny as Ireland's most successful coach in the professional era never mind his successes with Leinster. He may not have been a genius but from comments from ROG and others who worked with him he is a very deep thinker on the game and top class coach. I think he was with Ireland too long and things got stale, probably needed a really strong opposing voice in the setup or should have left earlier.
                                I agree completely with all of this.

Superb coach demanded superb levels, the relentlessness wore all parties out.

In years to come when we are ****e again he will be remembered fondly

I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X