6N R3) England in Twickenham - Sunday Feb 23rd @ 15.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    IRELAND HEAD COACH Andy Farrell is set to name an unchanged Ireland team to face England at Twickenham in the Six Nations on Sunday.

With Ireland having opened the championship with wins against Scotland and Wales on home soil, Farrell is expected to back his team to maintain their momentum in this first away fixture.

Farrell's Ireland have won two games from two in the Six Nations so far.Source: Ryan Byrne/INPHO

21-year-old Caelan Doris is fit again after recovering from the head injury he suffered just minutes into his debut against Scotland, so there is some possibility of change in the back row for Ireland.

However, Munster captain Peter O’Mahony has delivered two strong performances in replacing Doris against Scotland and then starting against Wales, meaning Farrell may be hesitant to reshuffle the back row.

If O’Mahony does retain his starting place, Doris seems likely to be included on the bench.

Keith Earls’ excellent performance off the bench at outside centre against the Welsh was a reminder of his quality, although Farrell may opt to stick with a starting back three of Jordan Larmour, Andrew Conway, and Jacob Stockdale, while Robbie Henshaw – fit after a head injury against Wales – and Bundee Aki seem certain to continue in midfield with Garry Ringrose out injured.

Dave Kilcoyne continues to keep the pressure on Cian Healy at loosehead prop, but the expectation is that Farrell will opt for a completely settled team on his first visit back to Twickenham as a head coach.

Farrell is due to officially name his starting team and bench tomorrow at 1.50pm.

Possible Ireland XV v England:

15. Jordan Larmour
    14. Andrew Conway
    13. Robbie Henshaw
    12. Bundee Aki
    11. Jacob Stockdale
    10. Johnny Sexton (captain)
    9. Conor Murray

1. Cian Healy
    2. Rob Herring
    3. Tadhg Furlong
    4. Iain Henderson
    5. James Ryan
    6. Peter O’Mahony
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. CJ Stander
    Always good to get the view from the Pale.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
      We need to give England something to think about. Beating a fired up Scotland and Wales who are well organised but neither have strong ball carriers Farrell needs to mix it up. How good is Doris - has looked very impressive so far. If we wait until Italy to find out - and then some will say - ah but it was only Italy - we still wont know.

Stick Doris in and give it a lash, we are correctly underdogs for this on what we have seen so far, perhaps stick Killer in as well and go for the jugular.

Lets see something different.
      We should bring back Victor Costelloe, Neil Francis and Reggie Corrigan while we're at it, that would certainly give those Brits something to think (& laugh) about....

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

We should bring back Victor Costelloe, Neil Francis and Reggie Corrigan while we're at it, that would certainly give those Brits something to think (& laugh) about....
        I'm sure they could reciprocate with Brian Moore, Laurence Dallaglio and Jason Leonard

Comment

No change bar Doris for Deegan on the bench.

Comment

Is Kelleher that much better than Scannell? I haven't seen much of him but has he even started in Europe. IMHO there's not much between Herring and Scannell.
            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
              We need to give England something to think about. Beating a fired up Scotland and Wales who are well organised but neither have strong ball carriers Farrell needs to mix it up. How good is Doris - has looked very impressive so far. If we wait until Italy to find out - and then some will say - ah but it was only Italy - we still wont know.

Stick Doris in and give it a lash, we are correctly underdogs for this on what we have seen so far, perhaps stick Killer in as well and go for the jugular.

Lets see something different.
              Why? Against whom specifically has Doris looked very impressive, to the point one Lion should be dropped and another shifted to accommodate him? I accept the view that he has a lot of potential but let him start v Italy rather than England.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

Why? Against whom specifically has Doris looked very impressive, to the point one Lion should be dropped and another shifted to accommodate him? I accept the view that he has a lot of potential but let him start v Italy rather than England.
                Let's just keep the status quo and not play young talent if it means a Munster player loses out....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

I can't help agreeing with this despite my better judgement. May I ask, do you trust in Andy?
                  I think without the pressure of a RWC the players find it easier. Then combined with Eng missing their two big ball carriers in the pack (and Mako's scrummaging), Manu just off an injury and the Saracens players being distracted then what reason is there for us to lose???

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                    Let's just keep the status quo and not play young talent if it means a Munster player loses out....

it'll be Munsters fault Caelan didnt get picked, and it'll be Munsters fault if we lose.

Back a team selected on form, or shut up!
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                      Is Kelleher that much better than Scannell? I haven't seen much of him but has he even started in Europe. IMHO there's not much between Herring and Scannell.
                      Unfortunately for Scannell he is not renowned for his play in the open. Herring when playing for Ulster has been known to score tries in open play. If anything when with ulster his line out throwing was letting him down yet so far for Ireland that is not a problem. Kelleher took his chance when Cronin came back from the RWC injured and is a try scoring machine both from the back of the scrum and also in open play - including the weekend just been. Will be a big step up for both of them this weekend tho against the English.

Comment

6 wins in London since 1980, England first game at home (and a must win for their campaign).

Huge ask, would be a seismic result for Farrell and his men.
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Kelleher started Leinster's first three HEC matches this season before picking up an injury in the away win against Northampton.

Comment

I've watched a bit of him, hes a tough bit of stuff. I'd rate him pretty highly, higher than Scannell right now like
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Scannell is a bit unlucky I though he would be given a shot- he must be really pished off - Kelleher maybe a bit stronger/beter ball carrier.

Lot of competition and Heffernan looked beeter to me than Herring.

Comment

Scannell is a pretty tough guy. I think pace and mobility wise though he struggles a bit.
                                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                                X