Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6N R2) Ireland v Wales - Saturday - 14.15

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    6N R2) Ireland v Wales - Saturday - 14.15

    Let the airing of grievances commence

    I am the million man.

    #2

    I think he should pick the guy he hasn't picked and not pick the guy he's picked.

    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

    "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


    "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
      I think he should pick the guy he hasn't picked and not pick the guy he's picked.
      Eventually, they all become Duncan Williams
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        #4
        Were we really that bad? Were Wales really any good? I was impressed by Scotland, when I wasn't laughing at their comical errors and easy penalties. England looked woeful without the Vunipolas.

        I reckon we can hammer Wales (or be trounced by them) and win the Championship (or finish mid table).

        just my two cents.
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

        Comment


          #5
          I thought we played well and would like to see more of the same, running it from our own 22.

          PS: Anyone notice how bad the French scrum was yesterday? From the overhead view, it was all over the place, flankers disconnected from the locks....

          Comment


            #6
            People on Leinsterfans and Boards.ie have a campaign going against Pete O' Mahony and VDF.

            Probably all the Clongowes Will Connors supporters who are trying to get an untried Pro14 rookie through the system through an online campaign. Connors has been added this morning to the squad and the 3 other developement players - Baird, Byrne and Ballacoune have been sent back to their provinces.

            If i was a Munster supporter I'd be raging if Connors got selected ahead of someone like Jack O Donoghue who has some solid Heineken appearances under his belt and is playing out of his skin.

            Even Sean Reidy should be miffed at his exclusion to an online campaign that some posters on said websites have had for the past 20 years to get their own schools players through even when they're nowhere near the required standard.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by LPAC View Post
              People on Leinsterfans and Boards.ie have a campaign going against Pete O' Mahony and VDF.

              Probably all the Clongowes Will Connors supporters who are trying to get an untried Pro14 rookie through the system through an online campaign. Connors has been added this morning to the squad and the 3 other developement players - Baird, Byrne and Ballacoune have been sent back to their provinces.

              If i was a Munster supporter I'd be raging if Connors got selected ahead of someone like Jack O Donoghue who has some solid Heineken appearances under his belt and is playing out of his skin.

              Even Sean Reidy should be miffed at his exclusion to an online campaign that some posters on said websites have had for the past 20 years to get their own schools players through even when they're nowhere near the required standard.
              Stop reposting the same messages in different threads you tart. I thought I could see into the future for a second until I realised what had happened.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by desert man View Post
                I thought we played well and would like to see more of the same, running it from our own 22.

                PS: Anyone notice how bad the French scrum was yesterday? From the overhead view, it was all over the place, flankers disconnected from the locks....
                If England had played in Aviva last year like they did yesterday, not sue they would have given us the lesseon they gave. They destroyed us from the first minute and let us look like boys against men. In the opposite, if they had respected yesterday what Jones promised referring to brutality, the game would have looked different imho.
                Yesterday, they were by far not in the standard Eddie had promised, they looked often apathetic, they seemed to refuse to play. Lack of appetite? Post WC lethargy? English arrogance? Surely they missed Billy V. and Henry Tuilagi's injury took a lot from their brutality and impact.
                So, France deserved it but England helped a lot, and I am not sure that they will be on the same line when we will visit them in Twicker... Concerning France, we will see what they will be able to do in Cardiff and Embra.
                The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

                Comment


                  #9
                  Whats the best guess about Kilcoyne & Doris? Aboslute shocker for both if ruled out - especiallty for Kilcoyne who has less chances open to him.

                  Pretty sure Farrell will pick Cooney (just as I was that he woujld pick him against Scotland).

                  Should scrape a win against a dangeropus Wales team but cant see Ireland beating either France of England.

                  Scotland are 3/1 for England game - that looks worth a punt (or even a Euro).
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                  Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Team named tomorrow, both Killer & Doris won't even have completed RTP protocols by then, either they'll be named with an asterisk or not at all. Ringrose out for min. 4 weeks, broken thumb.
                    Could see Toner in 2nd row, Healy needs support in scrum time, not sure of the strength of Henderson Ryan combo yet
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Would love to see Killer get some game time - I suppose its not to be this week.

                      The front 5 need a shake up - they were outplayed on Saturday.

                      I'd expect Farrell to be selected in the centre or maybe Henshaw with Aki.

                      Calls for O Mahony to be dropped. Not sure you can leave him out after Saturdays performance.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by LPAC View Post
                        People on Leinsterfans and Boards.ie have a campaign going against Pete O' Mahony and VDF.....
                        IRFU selection policy isn't to base anything on these campaigns, however genuine they are.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I'm a bit bemused by the notion of a campaign on leinsterfans.com against Josh vd Flier.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                            I'm a bit bemused by the notion of a campaign on leinsterfans.com against Josh vd Flier.
                            An ever firmer stand against imported players. Now anyone with a South African sounding name is objectionable.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                            "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                            "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                            Comment


                              #15
                               

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X