Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland - Scotland 1st Feb 16.45 - Six Nations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
    Sounds like a bit of a gabhail
    Just a bit?
    Gwan Joe!!

    Comment


      #17
      Kind of ironic really because he and Townsend are/were so similar in their style of play.
      "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

      Comment


        #18


        Whatever has gone on, and whatever the situation between him and Townsend, a guy on 7/800,000 a year needs to look after his professional reputation. It's a bad look, whatever's happened.

        He's 27, Lions fly half in waiting. He's got at least one more big contract in him. I hope he's being well advised for his own sake.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

        "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


        "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

        Comment


          #19
          Very true Balla
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

          Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

          Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

            Whatever has gone on, and whatever the situation between him and Townsend, a guy on 7/800,000 a year needs to look after his professional reputation. It's a bad look, whatever's happened.

            He's 27, Lions fly half in waiting. He's got at least one more big contract in him. I hope he's being well advised for his own sake.
            Hes a sweaty Carlos Spencer.

            Farrell/Sexton he is not. I'd say Anscombe and Patchell will be eyeing the backup jersey to Owen
            I am the million man.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

              Hes a sweaty Carlos Spencer.

              Farrell/Sexton he is not. I'd say Anscombe and Patchell will be eyeing the backup jersey to Owen
              Rugby needs more players like Spencer and Russell. Feck the safety first approach, give it a lash and play for a bit of fun.
              Erse end of nowhere

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

                Rugby needs more players like Spencer and Russell. Feck the safety first approach, give it a lash and play for a bit of fun.
                Yep, flaky players are great to watch and I'm all for it, as liable to lose you a game as win it.

                Top level rugby isn't though, anymore. It sounds like he had great fun last weekend too :D
                I am the million man.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  Yep, flaky players are great to watch and I'm all for it, as liable to lose you a game as win it.

                  Top level rugby isn't though, anymore. It sounds like he had great fun last weekend too :D
                  Poor wee Finn got pissed off losing to Saracens, the team everybody loves to hate, in the Heiny Cup. It put him in form for a few jars on a Sunday night. A fit athlete can handle a bit of a binge now and again with no ill effects. From what I gather, it's not the booze that's the main problem, it's the relationship with Townsend. Of course he had to get the boot. He is a professional athlete and that's how things work, and his behaviour is not good for the squad.
                  As for being flaky - I do understand what you mean, but I wish Ireland had a fly half with Russel's attacking flair at the moment. Nothing risked, nothing gained etc..
                  Jack Carty has a bit of the maverick about him and may not get another look in for Ireland.
                  Erse end of nowhere

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

                    Hes a sweaty Carlos Spencer.

                    Farrell/Sexton he is not. I'd say Anscombe and Patchell will be eyeing the backup jersey to Owen

                    He has another year before the tour, more instinctive talent than his competitors and a good club to play with. Obviously it's up to him to make it happen. Right now there's him, Farrell, Anscombe and Patchell.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                    "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                    "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

                      Poor wee Finn got pissed off losing to Saracens, the team everybody loves to hate, in the Heiny Cup. It put him in form for a few jars on a Sunday night. A fit athlete can handle a bit of a binge now and again with no ill effects. From what I gather, it's not the booze that's the main problem, it's the relationship with Townsend. Of course he had to get the boot. He is a professional athlete and that's how things work, and his behaviour is not good for the squad.
                      As for being flaky - I do understand what you mean, but I wish Ireland had a fly half with Russel's attacking flair at the moment. Nothing risked, nothing gained etc..
                      Jack Carty has a bit of the maverick about him and may not get another look in for Ireland.
                      Pro rugby players still have plenty of opportunities to go on the beer if they really want to. You just don’t do it on your first night in 6Ns camp, publicly defy all requests to stop, and then feck off to your mam’s house, missing training the next day.

                      That’s a symptom of his flakiness in a way. He’s temperamental, has a bit of an ego, and doesn’t handle frustration very well.

                      The outcome, both on and off the pitch, is that when he’s good he’s very very good, but when he’s bad, he’s awful.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                        Pro rugby players still have plenty of opportunities to go on the beer if they really want to. You just don’t do it on your first night in 6Ns camp, publicly defy all requests to stop, and then feck off to your mam’s house, missing training the next day.

                        That’s a symptom of his flakiness in a way. He’s temperamental, has a bit of an ego, and doesn’t handle frustration very well.

                        The outcome, both on and off the pitch, is that when he’s good he’s very very good, but when he’s bad, he’s awful.
                        That's the main issue with guys like him. Cipriani is the same way. They can have matches where every long pass goes to hand, every chip kick and grubber thru sits up just right for a winger to collect for a try, every kick downfield bounces once then out on the 5 meter line. Then there are other games where it all looks out of sync and the team gets demolished. Russell has great games for Scotland, but the overall results are too poor for me to put a ton of faith in him at Test level.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by blueberry View Post

                          I reckon Larmour will make it, and its gotta be Cooney ahead of Murray. I'd also like to see Killer ahead of Healy - not saying he's better overall, but if we're planning to play a more dynamic game, he's more likely to generate clean (or even dirty!) breaks. No POM and no Toner will put a lot of pressure on our lineout though. I'm not sure Ringrose's form has been all that great in the last year (improved since he came back from the WC) but no one is putting their hands up as a definite replacement.
                          Larmour against Hogg would be filthy. Both teams would be **** scared to kick the ball.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

                            Whatever has gone on, and whatever the situation between him and Townsend, a guy on 7/800,000 a year needs to look after his professional reputation. It's a bad look, whatever's happened.

                            He's 27, Lions fly half in waiting. He's got at least one more big contract in him. I hope he's being well advised for his own sake.
                            The 10s for the next Lions squad will be Jonty, Ross Byrne and Harry Byrne. If one of the Byrnes is injured, he will be replaced by either Jerry Sexton or Ed Byrne.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

                              The 10s for the next Lions squad will be Jonty, Ross Byrne and Harry Byrne. If one of the Byrnes is injured, he will be replaced by either Jerry Sexton or Ed Byrne.
                              Ah, the Laigheans I understand

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

                                The 10s for the next Lions squad will be Jonty, Ross Byrne and Harry Byrne. If one of the Byrnes is injured, he will be replaced by either Jerry Sexton or Ed Byrne.


                                Does that make Ed a second degree Byrne?
                                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                                "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                                "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X