Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Championship 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dropkick View Post

Looks like Ben Moxham and Dan Kelly. DOR is U19.
    Harry is U19?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

Comment

Originally posted by Colliniho View Post

Harry is U19?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yup he's 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
        Munster players profiles.
        https://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/under20/profiles/

Thomas Ahern 6'9 110kg
        Jack Crowley 6'0. 88kg
        Cian Hurley 6'5 106kg
        Eoin O'Connor 6'7. 107kg
        Harry O'Riordan 5'11 89kg
        Some serious talent coming through. Ahern physically could be ready next year.

Comment

According to the Leinster rugby fans forum, Marcus Hannan has been sent home with the mumps. If true, very unfortunate for the lad and hopefully he's not too long out of the Six nations.

Who would be next in line, Mark Donnelly/Sam Illo?

Comment

That could be serious for the whole squad. It's very infectious.

Comment

Team named
              https://www.irishrugby.ie/2020/01/30...ations-opener/

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                That could be serious for the whole squad. It's very infectious.
                Hoping that vaccinations should be commonplace among the squad preventing any further infections.

Comment

Can't say I'm particularly excited by that selection. Don't understand the exclusion of Eoin O'Connor, at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post
                    Can't say I'm particularly excited by that selection. Don't understand the exclusion of Eoin O'Connor, at all...

Hopefully he'll get a chance as the tournament progresses. The U19 sub in his place might be a very big talent or maybe McNamara's primary job of being head of the Leinster academy swayed some decisions? It's natural for coaches to go with players they know.
                    ​​​​​

Ciaran Ryan is in the squad. He's a good ball carrier.

Hopefully the weather stays dry. If we get half the exciting rugby as last year, it'll be worth watching.

Comment

Munster website says he is injured.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic...ations-opener/

Comment

Originally posted by <BM> View Post

Hoping that vaccinations should be commonplace among the squad preventing any further infections.
                        Unfortunately, because of some sensational -since discredited - academic papers, vaccinations aren't as common as they used (and should) be.

Comment

If anybody is looking to get an insight into some of the players, in the build up to tonight’s match, here’s a link to the youtube video of the Munster under 19 vs Leinster under 19, from last year:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUcqAl3buU

Max O’Reilly (St. Gerard’s School), Luis Faria (Newpark Comprehensive School), Marcus Hanan (Clane), Charlie Ward (Tullow), Cian Prendergast (Newbridge College), Brian Deeny (Wexford Wanderers), Anthony Ryan (Clongowes Wood College), Harry Noonan (Greystones), Bobby Sheehan (Clongowes Wood College), Ryan McMahon (Clongowes Wood College), and Sean O’Brien (Blackrock College) are all involved with Leinster.

Ciaran Ryan (Rockwell College) and Eoin O’Connor (Waterpark) feature for Munster.

I’d love to see the IRFU take the approach of the GAA when it comes to underage interprovincial matches. You could have Munster under 19/20 vs Leinster under 19/20 match, as buildup to Munster vs Leinster match at Christmas. Similarly, Connacht under 20 vs Ulster under 20 could be a warm-up for their match at Christmas?

I think it would be great a great experience for everybody involved. Coaches would get to see how players perform under pressure. Young players will get a taste of what it’s like to play in front of massive crowds.

I think one of the reason young players break through so young in GAA, is that they have the experience of playing, under pressure, in front of 80,000 people, at the age of just 16/17.

Comment

Anyone knowwhere the game can be watched in the UK?
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

If anybody is looking to get an insight into some of the players, in the build up to tonight’s match, here’s a link to the youtube video of the Munster under 19 vs Leinster under 19, from last year:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUcqAl3buU

Max O’Reilly (St. Gerard’s School), Luis Faria (Newpark Comprehensive School), Marcus Hanan (Clane), Charlie Ward (Tullow), Cian Prendergast (Newbridge College), Brian Deeny (Wexford Wanderers), Anthony Ryan (Clongowes Wood College), Harry Noonan (Greystones), Bobby Sheehan (Clongowes Wood College), Ryan McMahon (Clongowes Wood College), and Sean O’Brien (Blackrock College) are all involved with Leinster.

Ciaran Ryan (Rockwell College) and Eoin O’Connor (Waterpark) feature for Munster.
                              A game Munster should have probably won which I think would have made them interpro champs that year. Makes you wonder how this years 20's squad has 20 Leinster to 5 Munster involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post

A game Munster should have probably won which I think would have made them interpro champs that year. Makes you wonder how this years 20's squad has 20 Leinster to 5 Munster involved!

There were also more Munster players who played against Australia U19 last year who are not involved in the ireland squad. Tommy Downes, Jack Delaney, Charlie O'Doherty, Paddy Kelly, Scott Buckley, Aaron Hennessy, Louis Bruce. 7 players and none made it to the U20 squad. Some could be injured.

https://www.the42.ie/ireland-u19-aus...75387-Dec2018/

It goes to show how close some selections could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X